How long does it take to get a refund

I bought a policy with insure my trip. I may need to cancel for medical reasons. How long does it take for a refund? Is the doctors letter the only document needed?

The policy is with MR Ross

You should check with the actual insurance company to see what you'll need IF you cancel.

They'll tell you what you need, which will probably include other documentation such as receipts/charge statements for the purchases, possibly proof that you did indeed cancel and that there is no residual value for cruise or air, etc.

The insurance broker (InsureMyTrip) should also be able to assist you. That should be part of the service they provide if needed.

We had a medically-required cancellation, and it took about a week or so after ALL documents were received for us to get a phone call that "a check was in the mail", and a few days later, the check arrived. That was with a different insurer, however.

Perhaps you won't need to cancel and can enjoy your trip!

GeezerCouple

Don't know about MR Ross but my claim with Tin Leg/Seven Corners is going on six weeks and I finally, after too many emails and phone calls got word that at least some of my claim is being paid in the next 7 or so days. It took them 10 days just to acknowledge they had received my claim. I never really got an acknowledgement that the supplemental paperwork they asked for was received and the phone call I made 3 days ago about that supplemental paperwork, well I left a message, still have not heard back. Good company to avoid.