Beach Bar/Snorkeling Locations on STT

miss_rach

Guys,

Not sure we have the time to get off the ship get a cab then a ferry then a cab to the snorkeling spots on STJ, is there any place on STT that has food/drinks and snorkeling all at one location? Some of the family don't snorkel but are up for sitting at a beach bar while we snorkel. If so we can all get into a cab/bus and head there, they can relax have some drinks and food while we snorkel.

Cheers!

Coki Beach is probably your best bet. It's small, but the snorkeling is "OK" and there are beach bars and vendors walking around serving cocktails. Also a couple little beachfront shops for rentals and such.

Sapphire used to be the place (better snorkeling) but I read that the facilities are currently closed so no bathrooms, food, bar, etc.

Magen's is nice, but very poor snorkeling due to a sandy bottom.

St John is mostly National Park so no real beach bars at the beaches. Snack bar, yes, (Trunk), restaurant close to beach (Cinnamon).

Your best bet for beach bars are Coki Beach and Emerald Beach. Coki has better snorkeling, but Emerald has a more Stateside vibe.

There have been a few posts that say things are open again at Sapphire. A couple posts down somebody said their cruise line has added a Sapphire Beach shore excursion. Hope it's true because we did Coki last time and want to do Sapphire this time - we thoroughly enjoyed Coki but just want to see a different beach.

Snorkeling is "ok" at Coki? It's probably one of the best on the island. I have seen more things there in 1 location than most other places. I thought the snorkeling there was amazing! Both sides! But I guess it's a matter of opinion and what type of weather, experience, where you have been before, and what you have seen at other places.

Check out my review listed in my signature below and click on the Coki link. There's TONS of pictures and plenty enough to show you what the snorkeling was like. :)

The dive center has re-opened at Sapphire and chair and other rentals are now available. Tours are now going to Sapphire. The restrooms have also been updated and are probably the nicest beach restrooms in the Carib! The area around the restaurant has been cleaned-up, the pool bar (for condo guests only) is being renovated, and the condo exteriors have been updated. Lots of progress being made with the new property mgt.

Sapphire is a picture postcard beach with lots of character. Soft sand, gorgeous sapphire-colored water colors, great island views, abundant natural shade, and excellent snorkeling with the reef and sea grass area. Also a few food and drink options with runners taking orders on the beach.

Coki is also a gorgeous but smaller bay with great snorkeling and locals doing the vending.

Iggie's beach bar is located at the Bolongo Bay Resort, fun spot for happy hours but the beach is pebbly.

Secret Harbor is another nice beach with a condo resort and a restaurant and good snorkeling. You can rent chairs.

Our fav day is some time at Sapphire or Coki with a stop at Paradise Point.

How long are you in port? The best snorkeling on STJ can also be off the cays of STJ on a daysail.

The dive center has re-opened at Sapphire and chair and other rentals are now available. Tours are now going to Sapphire. The restrooms have also been updated and are probably the nicest beach restrooms in the Carib! The area around the restaurant has been cleaned-up, the pool bar (for condo guests only) is being renovated, and the condo exteriors have been updated. Lots of progress being made with the new property mgt.

Sapphire is a picture postcard beach with lots of character. Soft sand, gorgeous sapphire-colored water colors, great island views, abundant natural shade, and excellent snorkeling with the reef and sea grass area. Also a few food and drink options with runners taking orders on the beach.

Coki is also a gorgeous but smaller bay with great snorkeling and locals doing the vending.

Iggie's beach bar is located at the Bolongo Bay Resort, fun spot for happy hours but the beach is pebbly.

Secret Harbor is another nice beach with a condo resort and a restaurant and good snorkeling. You can rent chairs.

Our fav day is some time at Sapphire or Coki with a stop at Paradise Point.

How long are you in port? The best snorkeling on STJ can also be off the cays of STJ on a daysail.

WOO HOO! That is wonderful news Blue! I'm so glad they are "back in business". I hadn't read that and I didn't hear that they have new management there. This is awesome! :D

Yes Sapphire offers good snorkeling off the beach, as do Coki and Secret Harbor. There may be heavier seas some days and that can impact snorkeling at any beach. SH is more protected than the others but doesn't have the abundant natural shade of Sapphire.

The chairs at Sapphire are the most expensive on the island, I think. $9 pp per chair.

Not sure what the chair rental prices are now but oh, is it worth it!

Miss rach no umbrellas are rented at Sapphire because there is abundant natural shade along the shore and behind the beach. Gorgeous beach, island views, and water colors