Onboard Credit for Carnival Stockholders

JaneBP

Does anyone know if this is still in effect? Couldn't find it on the CCL website. It was a pro-rated credit based on length of cruise for shareholders of >100 shares. (CCL is apparenty the only stock listed in the S&P 500 and the FTSE 100.)

Yes, it is still good.

$250 for sailings of 14 days or longer

$100 for sailings of 7 to 13 days

$50 for sailings of 6 0r less days

All per stateroom

You need to go to the Carnival annual report, which is available on the web, for the instructions.

Yes, it is still good.

All per stateroom

You need to go to the Carnival annual report, which is available on the web, for the instructions.

A further question if I may.

We have booked Sojourn for 23 days in October/November. For reasons of professional independence, I am unable to buy Carnival shares until I retire on June 30th of this year. If I buy the shares on July 1st, will I still be able to get the $250 for October?

I should think so, there was never a stipulation as to buying shares a certain time before sailing. I think it's a great 'dividend' for sure.

Thanks, King, I couldn't access the annual report for some reason.

Yes, it is still good.

All per stateroom

Thanks San Jose King for the information.

I followed your recommendation and looked up the information at carnivalcorporation.com; then investor relations tab, then menu on left hand side of page to Shareholder Benefit. It is pretty straight forward how to get credit. Oh, you must have minimum of 100 shares and must apply at least one week before cruise. So, you have plenty of time after July 1, Roxburgh, and, purpleally, to repeat you need 100 shares min. Thanks JaneBP for starting this.

The credit is good for any of the Carnival Corporation ships, which are a very large family.

You must own a minimum of 100 shares and you need to provide proof of that,

brokerage statement, prior to the issuance of the final documents.

Also remember, those 100 shares provide a quarterly dividend, and the shipboard credit is not taxed. If you are a Seabourn regular, how can you go wrong.

>" Oh, you must have minimum of 100 shares and must apply at least one week before cruise."

I wouldn't wait longer than a month before, seems occasionally there are posting glitches. I think the statement can be faxed to Customer Relations with the request. I do block out the significant information on the page of my account, however.

And I cannot remember if it's compatible with other OBC's. (I never had that issue.)

Yes, it is still good.

All per stateroom

Great info, thanks..I'm in the process of completing booking for 2 back to back cruises, same ship, same cabin..first one over 14 days, so $250 and second one at 11 days so $100,( actual total of 32 days), ...does that mean I get both, 250+100= $350, or just the $250 ?

Thanks.

This is a pretty nice benefit. The stock is trading around $35; so 100 shares are about $35OO. That's like a tax free 7% dividend if you take only 1 cruise a year.

Too right. I mentioned it to my broker and he reckoned it was a great deal. Especially given what CDs are paying at the moment.

The other good deal is the onboard payment towards a future cruise. 5% on my $1000. is a very good return on that investment.

Absolutely! Except the return is not 5% of $1000. It is 5% of the cruise fare which can be a much bigger number. In many cases, you are getting a return of 50% or more on your $1000.

We've owned CCL shares for years and enjoyed the credit on other CCL cruise lines.

My question is whether the shareholder credit can be received if one also receives the referral credit from a past guest?

Great info, thanks..I'm in the process of completing booking for 2 back to back cruises, same ship, same cabin..first one over 14 days, so $250 and second one at 11 days so $100,( actual total of 32 days), ...does that mean I get both, 250+100= $350, or just the $250 ?

Thanks.

If you have two different booking numbers for the cruises, then you will receive credit for both - i.e. $350. My husband and I were on the Odyssey last year for a 14 day and a 12 day B2B cruise and that is what happened for us.

If you have two different booking numbers for the cruises, then you will receive credit for both - i.e. $350. My husband and I were on the Odyssey last year for a 14 day and a 12 day B2B cruise and that is what happened for us.

Nice !....so two booking numbers...will make a note of that.

Thank you.

I just bought 150 Carnival shares (CCL) at $30.37. If you are thinking of buying, this is probably a good time as the stock price is well off its 52 week high of $44.21. The 52 week low is $23.99.

The $250 OBC I will get represent a tax free return of just over 5% on the total cost of my shareholding. That is a better return than I would get from any CD or savings account. And, on top, Carnival pays a dividend to shareholders.

We've owned CCL shares for years and enjoyed the credit on other CCL cruise lines.

My question is whether the shareholder credit can be received if one also receives the referral credit from a past guest?

We have had shareholdwer credit and referral credit. Two envelopes were on the dressing table in the suite when we boarded .

• 1 month later...

When is the earliest (prior to the cruise date) one can submit the stock statement and get the OBC processed? Also, after the OBC has been processed, is one free to sell the stocks anytime? (i.e. no need to hold onto the stocks till the cruise date)

>" Oh, you must have minimum of 100 shares and must apply at least one week before cruise."

I wouldn't wait longer than a month before, seems occasionally there are posting glitches. I think the statement can be faxed to Customer Relations with the request. I do block out the significant information on the page of my account, however.

And I cannot remember if it's compatible with other OBC's. (I never had that issue.)

Yes, it is. You can combine (at least) three sources of credit to your Seabourn account. The Shareholder Benefit--applicable to every cruise you take; the Referral Coupon credit--one per cabin per cruise; and any "donation" you received from your TA.Getting the credits posted to your account is the real challenge.

Archived