Does Camp Carnival turn away kids often for being at capacity?

nt13

We are sailing spring break with a 5 and 2 year old. I imagine there will be tons of kids on the ship and I am wondering if Camp Carnival might get full and so we would not be able to use it if we didn't get in at the right time? Or are they pretty well staffed for such things?

I've never heard of any cruise kids club turning anyone away. I have heard of people not being able to book a Disney cruise because the ship was at capacity for a certain kids age group. The ships know the numbers and ages of all the passengers so that they are prepared for those numbers. The ships bring on extra kids club staff during spring breaks.

We were on the Elation this past September and yes, I overheard the staff telling some parents to come back in 30 minutes because they were full and couldn't take any more children. This is one of my concerns for Spring Break. We are sailing on the Magic March 17th and we have many children booked on the cruise. So I say yes, it has happened before.

Good Luck.

Sheila

I have never heard of a parent being told there's no room for their child. I have heard that cruise lines will only book so many kids, so there would be room (plus only so many berths can be booked in total, no matter the age of the passengers). The staff does get adjusted for the sailings when there's more kids.

Last year I rang my TA and booked a Princess cruise for me, DH and two teenage DDs. The agent booked 2 cabins, took all our details and my creditcard details, and said she would forward confirmation in a couple of hours. Half an hour later she called back and said that whilst the ship was not full, she was unable to make my booking as they were already at capacity for kids in my DDs age group. We ended up having to fly to Barcelona to cruise on the Carnival Breeze instead of the Princess cruise, and the easy drive to Southampton that I had hoped for.

So, in answer to your question, if your kids are on board, there will be space for them to participate in the kids clubs if they want to.

Archived