Jewel Runaway Bay or Hilton Rose Hall

Talex831

• 4 months later...
It's a bit cheaper to get on your own, but by the time you add transportation, it's about the same cost as resort for a day. Leaning toward the Hilton, but still not decided!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Talex831, where did you finally decide on? I would like to hear about your experience since I am contemplating the two options for my stopover next month! Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Talex831, where did you finally decide on? I would like to hear about your experience since I am contemplating the two options for my stopover next month! Thanks!!

Me too!

We are going end of August, so would love to read about it before making a decision.

Jewels Runaway Bay would be the best option if you have kids as they have this amazing water parkJewel-Runaway-Bay-Day-Pass-_1449154045__QJVX_4432.jpg

Did anyone went to the Jewel Paradise Cove for adults only? We booked through Resort for a day. It includs transport & is all inclusive.

I am considering booking this Resort through Resort For a Day for our upcoming cruise in September, 2017. I was browsing the excursions offered through RCCL and this resort is one of the options....Jewel Beach, Golf and Water Park. I was amazed at the difference in price between booking through Resort for a day and RCCL. It was cheaper for all three of us (2 adults and 1 child) through Resort for a day than ONE adult through RCCL. Am I missing something?

Is Falmouth to Hilton Rose Hall about 20 minutes? Falmouth to Jewel Runaway Bay 40 minutes.

Rose Hall on your own is $85 and kids under 5 are free. How much is transportation for 4 adults and two children?

Jewel Runaway Bay is $99 adults and children are $65 includes transportation.

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
We just returned from Falmouth.

Went to Hilton Rose Hall . Booked with Resort for a Day. Included pickup and drop off at the port. Everything was really good. Would do it again. Took about 30 minutes to get there, no traffic.

We always talk about doing something different in Falmouth...but we never do! Always had good experiences there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just returned from Falmouth.

Went to Hilton Rose Hall . Booked with Resort for a Day. Included pickup and drop off at the port. Everything was really good. Would do it again. Took about 30 minutes to get there, no traffic.

This is good news as we are really looking at going to Hilton Rose Hall. How was the crowd?

This is good news as we are really looking at going to Hilton Rose Hall. How was the crowd?

The crowd was not bad at all, considering that there were a lot of available lounger chairs, floats at the lazy river, etc all over the property. Lots of space. Restaurants and cafe's were not crowded at all. I loved it. I would definitely go back again.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Jerk Hut is included with these day-passes, for sure.

And, is it open most every afternoon?

I do know that it might be independently operated, as the guy comes in and does this for a limited time in the afternoons.

The web-site might have an error, as it doesn't look like it is showing the Jerk Hut is open every day.

Thanks!

Also, how was the beach when you were there. I know it isn't Seven Mile Beach, or Grace Bay... But, I wonder if it might be nice, if conditions are good. We will have other beach-days planned on our cruise. The Private Island, a short while on Seven Mile Beach at Grand Cayman, and a beach club on Cozumel. But I am a beach-girl, so just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
Did anyone went to the Jewel Paradise Cove for adults only? We booked through Resort for a day. It includs transport & is all inclusive.

We were there 2 years ago. Food and drink were good. Beach access is limited. The pools and staff were great but if you want great beach access you might want to consider other options. We are thinking About trying Runaway Bay on this years cruise.

Does anyone know if the Jerk Hut is included with these day-passes, for sure.

And, is it open most every afternoon?

I do know that it might be independently operated, as the guy comes in and does this for a limited time in the afternoons.

The web-site might have an error, as it doesn't look like it is showing the Jerk Hut is open every day.

Thanks!

Also, how was the beach when you were there. I know it isn't Seven Mile Beach, or Grace Bay... But, I wonder if it might be nice, if conditions are good. We will have other beach-days planned on our cruise. The Private Island, a short while on Seven Mile Beach at Grand Cayman, and a beach club on Cozumel. But I am a beach-girl, so just curious.

Yes it is included and so is the fresh juice bar near it. Love their ginger cucumber juice.

Their Jerk chicken was DELISHHHHHHH!