7 Course Meal at Taste on the Breakaway

xenagurl

Yes I did have a seven course meal at Taste restaurant on the Breakaway. Before you think that I had to be rolled back to my stateroom, they were all appetizers and my husband did help me to eat a couple of them.

Our gracious server was Ericson, who didn't bat an eye as I ran down the menu and told him what I wanted. Top notch service.

I've rated them and explained what I thought of each.

More photos, menu and Manhattan room menu and food photos are on my blog.

- Greek Salad 4 out of 5 stars. Tasty without being too heavy on the Olive Oil Dressing.

Greek-Romaine-Salad-Taste-Breakaway-Travel-Xena-4.jpg

- Hummus and Bagel Chips. 3 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed the hummus and savory marinated vegetables. The chips were nice but I think that I like the idea of Bagel chips more than Bagel chips.

Hummus-Peperonata-Bagel-Chips-Taste-Breakaway-Travel-Xena-5.jpg

- Scallops and Garlic Bread. 2.5 out of 5 stars. My husband mentioned that the sauce used for the scallops seemed to be the same one used for the Escargot in Le Bistro and that it worked better with Escargot. I thought that it was flavorful but rather overpowering for such a light meal. The garlic bread was quite delicious. I could eat it all day, but I didn't. This time.

Scallops-Gratin-Taste-Breakaway-Travel-Xena-3.jpg

Edited by xenagurl

- Watermelon and Feta Cheese 4 of 5.

This concept went over well. The sweet of the watermelon, with the tang of the vinegar and lime and creaminess of the feta bits.

Watermelon-Feta-Cheese-Taste-Breakaway-Travel-Xena-2.jpg

Shucks, when I saw watermelon/feta on the new menus I was hoping it was the OLD watermelon/feta dish.....not that I won't try this one!

OMG, it was so good....the feta was in bigger cubes that had been flash fried and then there was a sprinkle of feta crumbs over everything.....we used to order it for our salad and then again for dessert!:eek:

Wow, xenagurl! These shots look great. Thanks so much - and your blog is absolutely AWESOME!!! One of these days, I'm gonna just pack up and travel like some of my CruiseCritic gurus!! LOL!! :D:D:D

Do it you'll love it! Remember to tell us all about it! I love travel stories! Thanks so much for the compliments!

Shucks, when I saw watermelon/feta on the new menus I was hoping it was the OLD watermelon/feta dish.....not that I won't try this one!

OMG, it was so good....the feta was in bigger cubes that had been flash fried and then there was a sprinkle of feta crumbs over everything.....we used to order it for our salad and then again for dessert!:eek:

There was another one??? How did I miss that? This one is definitely yummy, but oh my fried feta sounds just delightful, maybe they'll bring it back.

Edited by xenagurl

There was another one??? How did I miss that? This one is definitely yummy, but oh my fried feta sounds just delightful, maybe they'll bring it back.

It was on the longer cruises, seems like we only had it on our 12 day and 14 day cruises.

Yet another good reason for me to take a longer cruise! ;)

It was on the longer cruises, seems like we only had it on our 12 day and 14 day cruises.

well getting to experience the full menu rotation may be another good reason but don't do it for the "old" watermelon feta salad.....I think it is no longer on the menu.:mad:

well getting to experience the full menu rotation may be another good reason but don't do it for the "old" watermelon feta salad.....I think it is no longer on the menu.:mad:

Oh phoo. Thanks for the info. That was starting to sound really good. I have to find a restaurant in the city that does something similar.