Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Azamara Club Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Azamara Club Cruises
Find Your Azamara Club Cruises Roll Call

Old November 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Elite....does it make a difference?

I am elite on Celebrity/Azamara. So far, I haven't seen any real perks. I know that Azamara was redoing their Captains Club perks. Has anyone seen any improvement? On my last cruise in June, I got some laundry coupons and some buy some get some minutes on the internet. I did not get any upgrades. I booked a guarantee 2A and got a 2A very far forward.

Old November 5th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Cruise Critic Host & 10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtravel View Post
I am elite on Celebrity/Azamara. So far, I haven't seen any real perks. I know that Azamara was redoing their Captains Club perks. Has anyone seen any improvement? On my last cruise in June, I got some laundry coupons and some buy some get some minutes on the internet. I did not get any upgrades. I booked a guarantee 2A and got a 2A very far forward.
Hi Redtravel !

I do not believe that Azamara has rolled out their new program yet. Months ago, we heard it was going to happen in late 2009. As we have not heard anything recent..... I'm starting to wonder if we are looking at Early 2010.

Getting back to your question. I always enjoy the benefits of being an Elite Member, but it's never a deciding factor in choosing a Cruise line. I often choose Celebrity, and to a lesser extent, Azamara because I enjoy the product they offer. The Loyalty benefits are just icing on the cake.

I hope we hear some details from Azamara on their new Loyalty program, in the near future. Stay Tuned !

Please Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Host Andy; November 5th, 2009 at 02:17 AM.

Old November 5th, 2009, 01:07 PM
5,000+ Club

Andy, while on Infinity in July, I heard that there was "possibly" going to be a new tier structure added to Elite. No time-frame was mentioned. This was passed along by the Captain's Club Hostess.

I also agree with you that at this point, it's not about the "Elite" status, but all about the product.

I'm looking forward to our cruise on Journey in Feb.

Have a great time on Constellation!

Karyn

Old November 5th, 2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karynanne View Post

I'm looking forward to our cruise on Journey in Feb.

Have a great time on Constellation!

Karyn
Hi Karyn !

Thanks for your well wishes. I'm starting to get very excited. Only 3 more days to go. Have a great time on Journey !

Old November 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Cool Cruiser

Dear Andy,
I've now been reading all your posts for the past year. Thank you for your input and may I wish you a WONDERFUL cruise.
Thanks for always being 'on top' of all the posts and giving us your insightful input.
Enjoy yourself and PLEASE, report back with your opinions when you return.
All best wishes.
John

Last edited by Jb-lhr; November 6th, 2009 at 11:31 AM.

Old November 9th, 2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jb-lhr View Post
Dear Andy,
I've now been reading all your posts for the past year. Thank you for your input and may I wish you a WONDERFUL cruise.
Thanks for always being 'on top' of all the posts and giving us your insightful input.
Enjoy yourself and PLEASE, report back with your opinions when you return.
All best wishes.
John
Hello John !

Thank you so much for your very kind post. It is always gratifying to hear when Our work is appreciated. I will be sure to report back from my sailing on Celebrity Constellation. I will try to post some comments while onboard. Be sure to keep an eye out for my comments, on the Celebrity board.

My biggest wish for 2010, is to sail again on Azamara. I am keeping my eyes out for Azamara Journey in February or March of 2010, but I do not have anything booked yet. We will see what happens.

Old November 16th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Cool Cruiser

It actually did make a difference on the Quest (just got off). Azamara comped Elites with a tour of the Pyramids/Sphinx (ships tour cost about $175 for same trip). They also had a cocktail party for Selects/Elites.

Old November 16th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default That's a positive

First time there has been any nice perks for elite. Last cruise, it got me a cocktail invite and some discount laundry coupons....not much.