Princess Tour - Florence On Your Own

Kimmer17

Just booked my Uffizi and Accademia tickets as a Combo pack. The company books one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. My afternoon time is at 3:30. Has anyone taken the Princess Tour? And if so, what time did you have to be back on the bus to head to Livorno? :confused:

We took the Celebrity on your own bus and departed Florence at 3:45 (for a 7 p.m. sailing from Livorno).

Which museum do you have for 3:30? If it's the Accademia, you won't need much time there, and perhaps you can arrive half an hour early and hope that they'll let you in. Or, is it possible to change the time of your reservation?

Just booked my Uffizi and Accademia tickets as a Combo pack. The company books one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. My afternoon time is at 3:30. Has anyone taken the Princess Tour? And if so, what time did you have to be back on the bus to head to Livorno? :confused:

We did Florence On Your Own, with Princess, on May 2 of this year. We left Florence at 3:30 in order to be back to Livorno by 5:15. They allow lots of time because traffic can be a problem. This doesn't work for you. The train wouldn't really work either as the times would be tight. Sorry for the bad news.

See you soon

The Accademia is in the afternoon. Will see if I can get an earlier time.

Thanks so much for your help.

See you soon - I'm assuming you did the Grand Mediterranean on the Ruby. What is the one thing I shouldn't miss. DH and I are on the July 4th sailing. First time cruising. No kids. Heaven (sigh).

The Accademia is in the afternoon. Will see if I can get an earlier time.

Thanks so much for your help.

See you soon - I'm assuming you did the Grand Mediterranean on the Ruby. What is the one thing I shouldn't miss. DH and I are on the July 4th sailing. First time cruising. No kids. Heaven (sigh).

Actually we were on the 28 day Trans-Atlantic crossing with extension to the Med. I don't know which of our ports correspond to yours as the second part of our trip started in Barcelona. If you have been to Florence before you will already know it is amazing. Because you already have time commitment with your reservations, which by the way you need to be right on time for or even early, you won't be able to wander too far. Florence is quite compact. If you do Florence On Your Own, the bus lets you off a short distance from the Santa Croce Church. The church square is where the guide will walk you to and that is the meeting point to return to the bus. I am happy to share any information. We tend to be rather independent travelers who try to use public transport as much as possible.

See you soon

Archived