Group Needs Your Help

The Anchor Banker

We are travelling as a group, adults only, and I've read pages and pages of feedback on this board. I have been able to book something on every other island on our cruise with the exception of St. Lucia. I have emailed numerous options to our group and I can't find anything that appeals to everyone. Help us pick something....or alternatively, if you've just spent the day on the ship in St. Lucia, was there any breeze on the top deck or is it dead calm and hot (I can't remember if this port is sheltered by the mountains)?

By the way, we did do the full day tour in the past, albeit with a taxi driver who was not a great guide. We found the island beautiful but it was a very, very long day and the vendors at every stop begging you to buy something, take a picture of or with something, etc. etc. was somewhat annoying.

Here's the feedback I've received from my group so far for the various options:

-Cosol - At $50, everyone wanted this. At $65, most people think it's just too costly...not to mention most don't want to spend several hours in a van but at $50 it looked like a reasonable, fun adventure.

-Serenity - Land and Sea looks not bad but again, the price is high ($90) and they seem to want a credit card to hold the reservation which our group is not comfortable doing.

-Herod's - Not enough feedback on the boards for us to be comfortable we will make it back to the ship on time.

-Marigot Bay Beach - Research reveals there are drug dealers on the beach.....no thanks!

-Other beaches close to the ship - Reportedly lots and lots of vendors trying to sell everything....which we hate.

Does anyone have a super recommendation, suggestion or advice? If you think staying on the ship might be the best option....let us know that too.

Thanks in advance to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got back from St Lucia on the Jewel. We went with Herod and I would highly recommend him. It was probably our favorite day of our cruise. He was a genuinely nice person, an excellent driver and did a very informative tour. He's a former teacher and it was obvious by how much information he gave us about the island. He said he's been doing this for 12 years and works hard to keep an excellent reputation. You should have no worries whatsoever about getting back to the ship on time.

We really liked that all the snacks and entry fees are included in the price. We stopped and got fresh bananas, fresh bread, fish cakes with banana catsup and johnny cakes. He had a cooler in the back with all sorts of soda pop, beer and his mom's special rum punch.

He had frequent stops for photos and told us a lot about the history of the island. I asked a million questions about life on the island, the government, his family, and politics and he gave great answers to everything.

We'd do his tour again in a heartbeat - I think your group would be very happy with him!

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Paula

We just got back from St Lucia on the Jewel. We went with Herod and I would highly recommend him. It was probably our favorite day of our cruise. He was a genuinely nice person, an excellent driver and did a very informative tour. He's a former teacher and it was obvious by how much information he gave us about the island. He said he's been doing this for 12 years and works hard to keep an excellent reputation. You should have no worries whatsoever about getting back to the ship on time.

We really liked that all the snacks and entry fees are included in the price. We stopped and got fresh bananas, fresh bread, fish cakes with banana catsup and johnny cakes. He had a cooler in the back with all sorts of soda pop, beer and his mom's special rum punch.

He had frequent stops for photos and told us a lot about the history of the island. I asked a million questions about life on the island, the government, his family, and politics and he gave great answers to everything.

We'd do his tour again in a heartbeat - I think your group would be very happy with him!

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Paula

Hi Paula,

We're going on the Jewel on April 3. How did you contact Herod? Do you have a direct email address? I have only been able to find his website, which I could post a request for him to email me (which apparently takes some time to get a response)

I was wondering how many passengers were in your group and what the cost was. You didn't mention any time at the beach. We are interested in go to Jalouise Beach (it was part of Cosol's tour last year which we loved, but didn't want to retake that tour). I suppose if/when I get ahold of him, I can discuss that.

Thanks,

Cory

Hi Paula,

We're going on the Jewel on April 3. How did you contact Herod? Do you have a direct email address? I have only been able to find his website, which I could post a request for him to email me (which apparently takes some time to get a response)

I was wondering how many passengers were in your group and what the cost was. You didn't mention any time at the beach. We are interested in go to Jalouise Beach (it was part of Cosol's tour last year which we loved, but didn't want to retake that tour). I suppose if/when I get ahold of him, I can discuss that.

Thanks,

Cory

I think his email is: hstanislas@hotmail.com. There were only 4 of us in the group and we paid $50.00 each. We were at Jalousie for about an hour. Snorkel gear was available for $11 but we didn't rent any.

anchor banker... The beach is at the Ti Kaye Village resort. It is very quiet. No peddlers on the beach. Water is as clear as the water you drink. It will probably take about 45 min to get there. We stopped there as the last part of a tour. You don't need to do a tour unless you want to. They advertise on this board. If you call him (866-766-0794), tell him Paul & MaryAnn said hello. Ask for Sherma as you host. Ask for John when you call.

We are travelling as a group, adults only, and I've read pages and pages of feedback on this board. I have been able to book something on every other island on our cruise with the exception of St. Lucia.

-Serenity - Land and Sea looks not bad but again, the price is high ($90) and they seem to want a credit card to hold the reservation which our group is not comfortable doing.

-Herod's - Not enough feedback on the boards for us to be comfortable we will make it back to the ship on time.

Serenity also has the Island Tour which is pretty much the same as the Land/Sea except it's all land and it's $65 pp and includes lunch ($55 if no lunch). If you book online it's a 5% discount too. I booked online for this tour today and NO deposit is required. They will ask for your credit card as a "holding" only in case you don't show up but no charges will be made to your card if you do show.

Also, I've had dealings with Herod and he's very reliable and trustworthy. I wouldn't hesitate to book with him either.

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, for us, there is no chance we are giving a credit card number. Has anyone been able to book them without the credit card at all?

I would give them a call back and explain to them. Perhaps they will make an exception. Everyone is hurting these days economically so they just might.

We are travelling as a group, adults only, and I've read pages and pages of feedback on this board. I have been able to book something on every other island on our cruise with the exception of St. Lucia. I have emailed numerous options to our group and I can't find anything that appeals to everyone. Help us pick something....or alternatively, if you've just spent the day on the ship in St. Lucia, was there any breeze on the top deck or is it dead calm and hot (I can't remember if this port is sheltered by the mountains)?

By the way, we did do the full day tour in the past, albeit with a taxi driver who was not a great guide. We found the island beautiful but it was a very, very long day and the vendors at every stop begging you to buy something, take a picture of or with something, etc. etc. was somewhat annoying.

Here's the feedback I've received from my group so far for the various options:

-Cosol - At $50, everyone wanted this. At $65, most people think it's just too costly...not to mention most don't want to spend several hours in a van but at $50 it looked like a reasonable, fun adventure.

-Marigot Bay Beach - Research reveals there are drug dealers on the beach.....no thanks!

-Other beaches close to the ship - Reportedly lots and lots of vendors trying to sell everything....which we hate.

Does anyone have a super recommendation, suggestion or advice? If you think staying on the ship might be the best option....let us know that too.

Thanks in advance to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We used Herod for a tour 2 years ago for the 4 of us, and he was phenomenal! He took us on a wonderful tour including the gardens, waterfall, snorkeling by the Pitons, a wonderful lunch overlooking the sea, the mud pots etc. We even needed to use a phone, and he took us into town and we used one of his friends' phones with free access to the US.

We were never bothered by vendors, and he had us back to the ship in plenty of time. We 're headed back and would not hesitate to use him again.

We did a tour with Serenity four days ago and can't say enough about the operation!! John and Sherma make you feel as if you are long lost friends and will do just about anything to make your stay enjoyable.

Unfortunately, because so many people book tours and then don't show up, they've started asking for a credit card to hold the spots -- people don't normally not show up when their credit card number is floating around. Let me assure you, these are honest, upstanding people. I provided a credit card number to hold the spot. We did the tour, and they didn't even ask for payment until we returned to the ship! They process the credit card manually (remember the paper and the slide thingy???). If you decide to use them, tell them Patti recommended them -- I guarantee you'll be pleased with their services.

Archived