Beaches close to port??

jplewis

When my sister was on a cruise several years ago their ship docked within walking distance of a beach in Cozemel. They snorkled, swam, etc.

Can anyone tell me if is still true or if you have to take a cab to beach?

Thanks for any info.

Patsy

Hmmmm, several years ago would probably mean that she docked at the downtown pier (the first pier) or maybe the international pier (built about 6 years ago). And I'm also guessing that she went to the beach area around where Papa Hog's and Villablanca Hotel are located today. I really don't consider that a "beach" area though. All along the water from Puerta Maya pier to north past downtown is just a small strip of sand and water. The larger sandy beaches are located further south and you need to take a cab. I suggest going to one of the numerous beach clubs rather than just hitting a piece of sand. You have the nice facilities in addition to food and drinks to choice from. Some beach clubs have fees and some do not. My favorite is Paradise Beach and it doesn't have a fee. I've been to them all over the years and Paradise Beach is where I choose to go on my time off. I don't like crowds and I do like a comfy chair...2 big reasons that it is the beach club of choice.

Archived