CAS Changes

thelion

Well, I have yet another thread on this. It seems that the rules, they are a-changing.

They are adding more tiers, moving to a day-based system rather than a credit based system. No one is losing a level (so, if you are Diamond now, but would not qualify as Diamond under the new system you keep Diamond status but cannot move up to D+ until you qualify under the new system). They are adding amenities, added new rewards for referring a friend.

There is no buy-up option. No one is losing a level although for many it may be more difficult to advance to the next level.

Look for changes January 12, 2011! Look for the press release sooner. I love knowing folks in Loyalty. The new colors are pretty :)

If your info turns out to be correct then I will have to admit my wife was right (again). We moved a cruise from late January to December so we could be D+ by the end of the year in case the level requirements did change we could hopefully be grandfathered in.

Well, I have yet another thread on this. It seems that the rules, they are a-changing.

They are adding more tiers, moving to a day-based system rather than a credit based system. No one is losing a level (so, if you are Diamond now, but would not qualify as Diamond under the new system you keep Diamond status but cannot move up to D+ until you qualify under the new system). They are adding amenities, added new rewards for referring a friend.

There is no buy-up option. No one is losing a level although for many it may be more difficult to advance to the next level.

Look for changes January 12, 2011! Look for the press release sooner. I love knowing folks in Loyalty. The new colors are pretty :)

We will reach D+ level after our January 2nd Allure cruise, hope that the change won't affect us.

I disembark the Monarch on 1/10, just 2 days before the date you say it is changing.

I will be at nine points under the old system at that time.

I am boarding the Jewel 4 days later on the 14th for my 10 night, that would have given me one more point under the old system. Will I still make Diamond after that cruise? Or are they pushing the point level up out of reach to make Diamond after the 12th?

I disembark the Monarch on 1/10, just 2 days before the date you say it is changing.

I will be at nine points under the old system at that time.

I am boarding the Jewel 4 days later on the 14th for my 10 night, that would have given me one more point under the old system. Will I still make Diamond after that cruise? Or are they pushing the point level up out of reach to make Diamond after the 12th?

It depends. Since they are going to a day based system, it will depend on how long your sailings have been.

Platinum is going to be 30 nights and (I think) Diamond is going to be 70 or 75 nights. So, if you take 7 night cruises, you will be Diamond. If you take 3 night cruises, you will stay Platinum or move to the new tier between Platinum and Diamond (50 nights, I believe).

Oh, and those with 100 or more cruise credits get a special invitation to a new tier :) Even if you may not qualify for it.

It depends. Since they are going to a day based system, it will depend on how long your sailings have been.

Platinum is going to be 30 nights and (I think) Diamond is going to be 70 or 75 nights. So, if you take 7 night cruises, you will be Diamond. If you take 3 night cruises, you will stay Platinum or move to the new tier between Platinum and Diamond (50 nights, I believe).

Oh, and those with 100 or more cruise credits get a special invitation to a new tier :) Even if you may not qualify for it.

I believe the new tier between Platinum and Diamond will be called Platinum Plus.

So, if the tiers will be based on nights then what is the impact of staying in a JS? Will the # of nights be double? Will there be a set # of added nights? Any thoughts?

OK, I'm stressing!! I have 9 credits now and will be boarding the Allure on 1/9, staying in a JS. So it seems I will be in the middle of my cruise when the changes hit on 1/12. That cruise would have made me Diamond under the present system. Will I go into the new system as Platinum or Diamond? I'll be so disappointed if that cruise is not counted to make me Diamond. Was so looking forward to the upgraded perks.

I believe the new tier between Platinum and Diamond will be called Platinum Plus.

No, it was some gemstone...I don't remember which. I know the top tier is going to be Pinnacle. Fancy, huh?

So, if the tiers will be based on nights then what is the impact of staying in a JS? Will the # of nights be double? Will there be a set # of added nights? Any thoughts?

JS and above will be doubled. So if you do a 7 night in a JS, it will be 14 points.

So would it be safe to say a JS catagory for a 12 night cruise would be 36 nights?

Thanks

No. It would be 24. They are doing away with the "two points" for longer cruises. It is strictly one night = one point except in JS and above which is one night = two points.

I am bringing in double points for most of my cruises, as I sail most of the time in a suite. Are they changing that too? Seems they would be shooting themselves in the foot, as we know the suites are a cash cow for them.

OK, I'm stressing!! I have 9 credits now and will be boarding the Allure on 1/9, staying in a JS. So it seems I will be in the middle of my cruise when the changes hit on 1/12. That cruise would have made me Diamond under the present system. Will I go into the new system as Platinum or Diamond? I'll be so disappointed if that cruise is not counted to make me Diamond. Was so looking forward to the upgraded perks.

You and me both... :( I am prepaid for my 1/14 10 night cruise, just 2 days after "the change" which would have made me Diamond under the current system.

If change is inevitable, I would hope that RCI adopts something like Princess whereby you can achieve the next level with either numbers of cruises or cruise days. We took a single 33 day cruise with them, which gave us either 1 cruise credit or 33 days of credit - and they can keep track of both!

With Princess,

Gold = 1 completed cruise

Platinum = 6-15 cruises or 51-150 cruise days

Elite = 16+ cruises or 151+ cruise days

Archived