X-Stream - Extra Cave???

Hawaii22202

I need your help! :) I have a group of friends (17 of us) who want to go cave tubing in Belize. I've looked at a few tours, Reggie's Tours, Wet n Wild, and X-Stream. X-Stream says they do one extra cave system. They told me that no one else does the extra cave system even if they say they do. Do you know if X-Stream does an extra cave system or do they all do the same tour? Thanks for your help! It's much appreciated! :D

Did they mention the number of cave systems? I was under the impression that ship tours did two and private tours did three. We went with Wet n Wild and I believe we were told that these groups all do the same number of caves. Maybe someone can help you more.

I just came back from Belize and wne ttubing with Xtreme. We went thru three caves, one walking up river and two floating. There were 11 in our group and it was the best trip ever. Our guide was Richard, whom I had heard alot about on these boards, and he was great. Before you go on the hike you will get the oppourtunity to order lunch. Do so it's the best bbq you have ever tasted.

Debbie

We also went with Xtreme and our group were alone in the first cave section we went through but I can't say if the all the other company does or doesn't do these caves too but we looked at Reggies when we booked our tour and they did not go as far as xtreme did.

All I know is that we had a fabulous day with xtreme and it was really fasinating. We learned a lot and saw so much. Inside the caves, we pulled our tubes onto the bank of the river and walked up the side into an attached cave and Richard explained how the Mayan's believed that caves where the entrance to the underworld and often remains are found within caves such as these. He is a wealth of information on the Mayan culture and history and the uses of the local plants. Ask him about the natural *****, maybe it explains the large mayan population that once existed!? Try the local beer, Belekin, it was pretty good, the green bottle!

We are going tubing with X-treme in March... I am happy to see so many great reviews from people that have used them. They got back to me very promptly and were very informative. Made our downpayment by credit card to reserve the trip. The balance is due when you meet them, (by cash or travelers check only.) I can't wait! We have a group of 18 sailing with us and so far I think 10 are tubing. Should be a blast!

We went with Xtreme in October and loved it. I am not sure how many caves we went through. The one difference I did notice was the cruise ship (RCCL Explorer) group was ahead of us and they got out of the water 1/2 mile from where we did. The cruise tour then had to walk up the hill and back to the lot. Our group was able just to float back to the end of the river and back to the bus.

Archived