celebrity 29 dollar meal package

poona1

We have already purchased two five night dining packages for a fourteen night sailing on Eclipse. We love the specialty restaurants, especially Murano. I did believe we would be able to eat there often but it sounds like they limit you to once per package. Has anyone used the five night dining package on Eclipse recently and were there rules? We still have time to cancel the pre cruise five night package if the ultimate dining package is more flexible and includes lunch. I was unaware of the ultimate dining package for $29. It sounds like that may be a better option for us. Thanks!;)

I found this very confusing but when you book it the 29 includes graits but I did tip 5 extra per dinner and my porch server I took care of at end of week. I also found out it is better to tip in cash cause if you ask to put it on slip to add to bill it has to be distributed to all staff of all specialty. also if you upgrade your drink pkg do so with the bar and bartender you will use most often cause that goes to the person that sells it and they will take care of you and remember you :cool:

I probably should have expanded a little. I just wanted to answer the OP's question that no other charge is involved. For myself, I believe it to be proper to leave extra at the specialty restaurants but this is a personal choice.

We have already purchased two five night dining packages for a fourteen night sailing on Eclipse. We love the specialty restaurants, especially Murano. I did believe we would be able to eat there often but it sounds like they limit you to once per package. Has anyone used the five night dining package on Eclipse recently and were there rules? We still have time to cancel the pre cruise five night package if the ultimate dining package is more flexible and includes lunch. I was unaware of the ultimate dining package for $29. It sounds like that may be a better option for us. Thanks!;)

If you are saying that you purchased two packages (10 nights) for each of you at a total cost of $636, ultimate dining for 14 nights for two would cost $812, a difference of only $176. A no brainer. If you mean you only purchased a single five night package for each of you, that would be a much bigger investment. You get four extra dinners, plus Bistro on 5 for lunch every day if you want. I happen to believe that Bistro is the most underrated dining venue on any Celebrity ship. We get ultimate dining any time we are not in aqua. We were on Eclipse in January for five nights, and they did not offer any packages for a short cruise. Turns out it is not available for sailings less than six days. Also, with ultimate dining, you choose how many times you eat in any of the restaurants, not being locked into (as on the Eclipse) one at Murano and two each at Qsine and Tuscan Grille. And by the way, there is no reason to cancel your package and rebook ultimate onboard. You can go to any of the kiosks and upgrade as soon as you get on. One caveat. You cannot book ultimate dining before sailing. They always tell you there are a limited number of Ultimate packages. I have never had a problem, but always better to establish that it will be available on your sailing.

Just off Reflection last week and enjoyed the Ultimate Dining Pkg. It also includes lunches at the specialty dining venues if they are offered during sea days on your ship ($25), plus Bistro on 5 ($10) and the Porch ($35), which is on the Reflection and also on Silhouette. It was a great deal on Reflection which has the 4 expensive specialty dining venues plus the other two, so provide a lot of variety.

What is the cost? We are on a 12 night cruise...with overnights...not sure if this will be worth it to us given we may be in port several of the nights. But we are a huge fan of the specialty dining over MDR and will at least be getting a dining package of some sort.

Is there any way you can buy the Ultimate Dining Package beforehand?

Not pre-sailing. Have had my TA call and request - answer No.

GAME THE SYSTEM: if committed to specialties, buy the 5-night pkg pre-cruise. You are 'locked-in' to their location visits - no shifting.

HOWEVER, on boarding, go to upgrade from 5-nt to Ultimate dining pkg at difference to $29 pp per day and get all open-choice dining and lunches too. Even if they are sold-out on walk-up-buy Ultimate Pkgs, the fact that you have 5 specialty nights already booked lets them upcharge you to the Ultimate. This info is based on past board feedback.

WORST CASE - if they balk at upgrade to Ultimate, go to Guest Relations, explain what you wanted to do, and your disappointment means you want refund credit of 5-nt pkg. This based on past board feedback.

We've had Ultimate pkg last 3 cruises. Luke-warm on Bistro - liked Porch seafood bar on Reflection (and Silhouette?) I would only do UDP on ship with 3 or more specialty venues for variety. HAPPY-EATING-CRUISING

What is the cost? We are on a 12 night cruise...with overnights...not sure if this will be worth it to us given we may be in port several of the nights. But we are a huge fan of the specialty dining over MDR and will at least be getting a dining package of some sort.

Consider Aqua class to get Blu dining - usually a 'step up' from MDR. Sometimes after final payment, Aqua class price get lowered and you can upgrade at reduced upcharge over original Aqua rate (but may have to take 'guaranty' Aqua assignment). The Blu mairte'D often can offer a discount at specialty restaurant if you ask.

Eating dinner at port visits wastes that day's $29 pp charge for Ultimate Pkg since it is $29 each x number cruise nights. Good Luck

If you are saying that you purchased two packages (10 nights) for each of you at a total cost of $636, ultimate dining for 14 nights for two would cost $812, a difference of only $176. A no brainer. If you mean you only purchased a single five night package for each of you, that would be a much bigger investment. You get four extra dinners, plus Bistro on 5 for lunch every day if you want. I happen to believe that Bistro is the most underrated dining venue on any Celebrity ship. We get ultimate dining any time we are not in aqua. We were on Eclipse in January for five nights, and they did not offer any packages for a short cruise. Turns out it is not available for sailings less than six days. Also, with ultimate dining, you choose how many times you eat in any of the restaurants, not being locked into (as on the Eclipse) one at Murano and two each at Qsine and Tuscan Grille. And by the way, there is no reason to cancel your package and rebook ultimate onboard. You can go to any of the kiosks and upgrade as soon as you get on. One caveat. You cannot book ultimate dining before sailing. They always tell you there are a limited number of Ultimate packages. I have never had a problem, but always better to establish that it will be available on your sailing.

Yes, We have purchased for ten nights and thought it would be similar to RCCL Freedom of the Seas (this past Jan.) where we purchased a five night package and were able to have our choice of specialty dining. For example, we were allowed to eat mostly in "Chops". It sounds like there is less flexibility on Eclipse which is not what we are looking for. I'm concerned about waiting to upgrade once onboard because... I thought we would be unable to cancel/change the package a few days before boarding, if they will not upgrade us to Ultimate we would be unhappy campers! I thank you for your detailed response, I'm now thinking... to remove one of the five night packages pp would be the prudent move

Yes, We have purchased for ten nights and thought it would be similar to RCCL Freedom of the Seas (this past Jan.) where we purchased a five night package and were able to have our choice of specialty dining. For example, we were allowed to eat mostly in "Chops". It sounds like there is less flexibility on Eclipse which is not what we are looking for. I'm concerned about waiting to upgrade once onboard because... I thought we would be unable to cancel/change the package a few days before boarding, if they will not upgrade us to Ultimate we would be unhappy campers! I thank you for your detailed response, I'm now thinking... to remove one of the five night packages pp would be the prudent move

Then that, or removing all your packages are your only options and then hoping to get ultimate as soon as you board. My recommendation would be to do this at the first possible opportunity when boarding. Sometimes they have a desk set up right at the check-in area. If you have OBC this is a far better way to do it anyway. Good luck. And you cannot cancel less than four days before your sailing.

Edited by bayonnejoe

Back to taxgal's question, since I will be on Summit this spring too, is this available on Summit? Thanks

The Ultimate Package is not offered on every cruise. It is only offered when they need to fill the restaurants. You will not know if it is offered until you board and maybe not until the next day. We have only had it offered on a couple of our cruises.

Then that, or removing all your packages are your only options and then hoping to get ultimate as soon as you board. My recommendation would be to do this at the first possible opportunity when boarding. Sometimes they have a desk set up right at the check-in area. If you have OBC this is a far better way to do it anyway. Good luck. And you cannot cancel less than four days before your sailing.

Not too much OBC this cruise, went for the residence discount instead so just enough OBC for a nice bottle of wine!

• 3 weeks later...