Pre Cruise hotel needed in Sydney

Looking for some recommendations for us to spend 3 or 4 nights pre cruise in Sydney. Although we do not want to be very far out, we do not mind using public transportation (buses, subways, etc) to get around. Would like an area that is moderately priced with restaurants and flavor of the city or neighborhood. Can you help me? We will be there the beginning of February 2013.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a suggestion if you want to do some research. In January 2010 we did a 14 day cruise out of Sydney and got Marriott next to Hyde Park by bidding on Priceline. As I recall I put a bid in at around $100 and was suprised that it took on the first try. I have made bids on Priceline on many overseas trips with no problems. (Germany, Barcelona, Sydney) If you use the suggestion I recommend only bidding on a 4 star Hotel and by all means use sites like Better Bidding and Biddingfore travel. Sometimes doing your homework can really pay off. See attached photo of hotel room

DSC01209.jpg.c35f9e73c81e7f80c876196f47a2af7f.jpg

The Sheraton on the Park is great, only a 5 min bus hop to Circular Quay and during the day if you choose the right bus it is free. We found the Sheraton was 20-30% less than the hotels at the Quay. It overlooks Hyde Park which is a good place to walk from

Try Metro on Pitt. Book direct via their website to avoid middlemen collectiong commissions. Affordable and clean rooms. Walking distance from Town hall station . Train from Town Hall to/from Airport International station.

Thanks so much for the information. Last week I went in on the promotion with Radisson once you register and stay at a Radisson by 7/15, you would get 50,000. They also offered the same things (40,000 points instead of 50,000) with their Country Inn and Suites. Between my husband and I (and 4 stays total by 7/15) we will have 180,000 points and we will use them in Sydney at the Radisson Bleu.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived