Need help with flight purchase

Mama2Tay

I've been searching for flights to either MIA or FLL from MHT or BOS for our cruise in March. I realize it is spring break time and I expect flight costs to be higher. Just this morning I found a flight on Airtran for $276. RT from BOS to FLL. Everything else I've seen this past week or so has been $353. RT or more.

I saw this fare on kayak.com, but when I go to the Airtran sight, they want $314. pp one way for the same flights. I'm very confused.

I can book through orbitz or cheaptickets for that $276. RT fare. Why can't I book directly with Airtran for that same price?

And, lastly, should I book through one of these other sites? It seems to be a good deal but I'm just not sure about additional fees, etc.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!:)

I've been searching for flights to either MIA or FLL from MHT or BOS for our cruise in March. I realize it is spring break time and I expect flight costs to be higher. Just this morning I found a flight on Airtran for $276. RT from BOS to FLL. Everything else I've seen this past week or so has been $353. RT or more.

I saw this fare on kayak.com, but when I go to the Airtran sight, they want $314. pp one way for the same flights. I'm very confused.

I can book through orbitz or cheaptickets for that $276. RT fare. Why can't I book directly with Airtran for that same price?

And, lastly, should I book through one of these other sites? It seems to be a good deal but I'm just not sure about additional fees, etc.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!:)

It appears that AirTran has sold out all discount tickets between BOS and Flori every day AFTER March 8 through the end of the month.

I don't know enough about AirTran behind the scenes to know how they work their consolidator class tickets. But it appears Orbitz and Cheaptickets have purchased blocks of the cheap discount seats on those routes in anticipation of Spring Break.

You will be fine booking through Orbitz. Why worry about additional fees (I think it is $5.00), when you are saving at least $300.00? Just book the flights before they are gone.

keep trying...stuff changes literally minute by minute....i have noticed, on occasion, that those internet sites......sometimes will have cheaper fares, even with the little service fees they have....keep checking. (like you had nothing better to do today right??? :-)

you probably can't get the lower fare because the tickets on those big travel sites were most likely bulk tickets purchased at a lower price..you could maybe try calling airtran to see if you can get that fare, but it may not work.)

Archived