Alaska Rail?

nik1009

Right side is better. Left side has the road and mountains are very close for the most part. The link to the video below has our train ride on it from Denali to Whittier. There is a section showing the view from Anchorage to Whittier.

Tim

We're planning on doing the railroad & it shows an open car that is good for picture taking and viewing. Is this car open on both sides? Or do you need to be between cars like the poster above did, to get good pics? And if it is assigned seating can you request a certain side or is it luck of the draw? Thanks for any info.

We're planning on doing the railroad & it shows an open car that is good for picture taking and viewing. Is this car open on both sides? Or do you need to be between cars like the poster above did, to get good pics? And if it is assigned seating can you request a certain side or is it luck of the draw? Thanks for any info.

Last year, there were no seat requests taken. I rode the entire distance.

Outside in the regular class is only in the vestibules. The open car is the premium class.

Last year, there were no seat requests taken. I rode the entire distance.

Outside in the regular class is only in the vestibules. The open car is the premium class.

I thought I read that premium class is not available for the ride from Anchorage to Whittier. Is that true also? Thanks for your info! I appreciate it!

Archived