JetBlue contact other than "Dear JetBlue"

Jade13

We are having a problem with Jetblue crediting miles for Emirates flights from JFK-DUB & SIN-DUB-JFK last November.

I am positive that Emirates was given our JetBlue TrueBlue account information prior to travel, and I checked while enroute. It was also brought up the day we returned (asked if initial flight mileage had been posted yet), as we had to contact JetBlue regarding damaged luggage (which they refused to pay because we missed the 4 hour deadline by a couple of hours). We thought we had to contact Emirates because we saw the luggage was ripped at JFK before putting it on the conveyer for our final flight home on JetBlue.

Emirates has put it in writing (on email) that our JetBlue account information was and is in their system, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't list the information based on the poor customer service we had onboard their flights (worst out of 20 plus airlines flown in the past 5 years).

However, JetBlue is being unreasonable and just keeps telling me we missed the 90 day deadline to write to them. Although only off by about 30 days when I put it in writing, I had called them a number of times within the 90 day period, and they just kept telling me the mileage could take 90 days to post. We flew JetBlue approx. 10 times last year, and hadn't had any customer service issues previously. They gave us $50.00 each in our travel bank for the inconvenience, but doesn't make up for these many miles.

I think the airlines have a problem when you try to list multiple FFmile programs for a single ticket (AA gave us credit for our originating flight).

Does anyone know how many miles for a route from JFK-DUB & SIN-DUB-JFK? I think we were supposed to get 50% mileage credit, so trying to figure out what is missing.

Any idea who we can write?

It is a lot of work to get miles credited if the correct FFmile program is not in the airlines system prior to travel.

Edited by Jade13

We are having a problem with Jetblue crediting miles for Emirates flights from JFK-DUB & SIN-DUB-JFK last November.

Dubai's code is DXB; DUB= Dublin, Ireland. No prob, just FYI

We thought we had to contact Emirates because we saw the luggage was ripped at JFK before putting it on the conveyer for our final flight home on JetBlue.
You're correct on that. The first carrier you fly is responsible for luggage damage or loss (for example if you arrived home, saw your luggage for the first time, and noted the damage or your luggage failed to appear). The fact that you noted the damage at JFK (I assume you flew EQ all the way to that point) really places responsibility on EQ and not B6. If you were in the JFK Customs hall and transferred your luggage directly to the B6 flight, I can understand why it would be difficult to notify EQ. I would have looked for their agent and/or snapped a photo with something in the background that confirmed the photos were taken at JFK. Even better, a B6 agent would have been happy to do paperwork confirming it was EQ's fault.

However, JetBlue is being unreasonable and just keeps telling me we missed the 90 day deadline to write to them. Although only off by about 30 days when I put it in writing, I had called them a number of times within the 90 day period, and they just kept telling me the mileage could take 90 days to post.
I'm not a True Blue expert but the rules on all airline frequent flyer programs is very rigid, since it's in their interest to not award miles. If I understand your wording correctly, you phoned them during the 90 days but didn't file a formal request until a month after the deadline? Even 1 day past a deadline is probably a lost cause and 30 days beyond definitely is, sorry. A quick Google search pulled up a good description of the process...unfortunate you didn't go there first: https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/emirates One comment for the future....with almost any company, going online through their customer service webpage is usually far more informative, easier and faster than a letter...many companies will even ignore mailed requests (not saying that's so w/ B6)

I think the airlines have a problem when you try to list multiple FFmile programs for a single ticket (AA gave us credit for our originating flight).
Gotta be more careful and proactive, but I've never experienced actual problem in this situation.

Does anyone know how many miles for a route from JFK-DUB & SIN-DUB-JFK? I think we were supposed to get 50% mileage credit, so trying to figure out what is missing.
From here: http://www.gcmap.com/

JFK-DXB: 6849 miles

DXB-SIN: 3633 miles

This is the actual, geographic mileage, not what B6 might credit. I assume you connected to a different flight number in DXB on your return trip. The miles add. If the flight number did not change in DXB, then it's the shortest SIN-JFK distance (9537 miles) regardless of the actual distance. That's standard with almost all mileage programs.

Keep trying, but I think you're out of luck at this point due to missing deadlines and possibly not going through the "standard" process.

Edited by kenish

Dubai's code is DXB; DUB= Dublin, Ireland. No prob, just FYI

You're correct on that. The first carrier you fly is responsible for luggage damage or loss (for example if you arrived home, saw your luggage for the first time, and noted the damage or your luggage failed to appear). The fact that you noted the damage at JFK (I assume you flew EQ all the way to that point) really places responsibility on EQ and not B6. If you were in the JFK Customs hall and transferred your luggage directly to the B6 flight, I can understand why it would be difficult to notify EQ. I would have looked for their agent and/or snapped a photo with something in the background that confirmed the photos were taken at JFK. Even better, a B6 agent would have been happy to do paperwork confirming it was EQ's fault.

Regarding the damaged luggage, that's what I thought, but not what they told me. The only JetBlue flight was a short 35 minute/one hour total time one within the US. It was our last flight. The first flight was actually on AA, but it was booked through Emirates and all long hauls on Emirates, so I contacted Emirates, who told me the last carrier flown was responsible. On our return we started on Emirates in Singapore (SIN-DXB), so I thought Emirates responsible.

Emirates might have the prettiest plane (Airbus 380 nicer than Qantas), but they sure have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Onboard our first flight the attendent was so rude and kept yelling at the other (female) flight attendants. I finally said something to him near the end of the flight, that they were the unfriendliest and unhappiest flight attendants in the sky and asked why he was yelling at the others, since as a customer i do not need to hear it. He said he was training the females who didn't know what they were doing. I think he was afraid I was going to report him so showed up with a bag of Godiva's from First Class. He also offered to show my DH and I the First class Suites if we wanted to wait until everyone left the aircraft, but my DH said no way since he couldn't understand why we would want to look at a class of service we would not be flying.

I eventually reported the damaged luggage to my travel insurer, but Emirates was definitely responsible fort the damage, although they would take no responsibility.

Edited by Jade13

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to come back and report that this issue with JetBlue True Blue points on Emirates flights has been resolved. I had to be very persistent with JetBlue, as they must have told me no at least 4 times.

After the first time they said they could credit out flight from JFK home (very short flight) since they had changed their rule and now allowed 365 days to request missing miles on JetBlue planes.

They finally manually added 8,645 miles to each of our accounts which was more than Emirates said it would be. Note that I did have an email from Emirates stating that they never gave us Skywards points because we gave them our JetBlue True Blue account number at the time of booking.

In addition we have $50.00 each in our travel bank which was what they gave us the first time we made the request when they told us they could not add the miles from the Emirates flights.

So, who actually pays for the points? Was it Emirates airlines and that was the issue?

Edited by Jade13

So, who actually pays for the points? Was it Emirates airlines and that was the issue?
If you fly on airline A but ask for frequent flyer credit in airline B's scheme, then airline A usually has to pay airline B to buy those miles/points for you.

But I don't know whether this was the issue in your case. If the airlines have a frequent flyer partnership, then this will be being done routinely, perhaps thousands of times a day.

If I've understood your OP correctly, it's more likely to have been due to there being more than one frequent flyer scheme number in the booking. That frequently causes issues, which are usually simply because the systems don't know where to send the miles/points.