Parking in new orleans

mel360

I used Machu Picchu parking when I cruised from NO in 2012. They have a partially covered fenced lot and excellent shuttle service. They are about a ten minute drive to the port. After parking and unloading my baggage the shuttle immediately departed to the port. On return I called after clearing customs and the shuttle was there within ten minutes.

Just returned from the Serenade of the Seas on Saturday 4/12 from New Orleans, parked car at Fulton Street lot for $10 a day, could have parked for $8 a day if willing to park on rooftop. Prepaid online and had free shuttle to and from port. We took the shuttle to port but walked back to garage after cruise with our bags. Would park there again in a heartbeat. Link is http://www.neworleansparking.com/.

We parked in the Whale Lot (Julia St.) in December. No problems. Dropped our luggage off then parked. Walked from the car to the terminal, took all of five minutes. Had to walk with luggage from the terminal to the car when we disembarked as all the porters where otherwise occupied.

I know others on our cruise were in the Fulton lot. Don't think they had any trouble and it is cheaper by a few bucks per day.