NCL Pearl Self-Service laundry

cruisePLEASE!

Does any know if the Pearl has a Self-Service laundry facility? I have checked the deck plans and can not find anything.

Also does anyone know where a can get a copy of the dinner menus for all the restaurants.

Thanks in advance....

Yes, the Pearl does have self service laundries.

Try cruise clues for restaurant menus. http://cruiseclues.com/

I've just returned from the Pearl and used the self-serve Laundry. They are situated on decks 10, 9 and 5 on the starboard side(right - going forward). The rooms are quite hard to spot as the sign is very small and very high up. They are inside rooms with brown doors (not blue like the cabin doors) and are about mid-way along the corridor. Our steward told me where to look. There are 3 washers and 3 driers. All are free to use and you can purchase washing powder at the dispenser for $1. There is no fabric conditioner or dryer sheets though. There are 2 irons and ironing boards.

I've just returned from the Pearl and used the self-serve Laundry. They are situated on decks 10, 9 and 5 on the starboard side(right - going forward). The rooms are quite hard to spot as the sign is very small and very high up. They are inside rooms with brown doors (not blue like the cabin doors) and are about mid-way along the corridor. Our steward told me where to look. There are 3 washers and 3 driers. All are free to use and you can purchase washing powder at the dispenser for $1. There is no fabric conditioner or dryer sheets though. There are 2 irons and ironing boards.

MANY thanks!! We're sailing on the Gem (the Pearl's sister ship) out of Barcelona in November & I was about to post the same inquiry re: the self-serve laundry.

Tom & Eileen

Around day 4 or so of the cruise, I found it VERY difficult to get into the laundry room, as there were long waits. I would recommend getting up very early or going to bed late on laundry day. We were using the ones on deck 9.

Laundry facilities are on deck 5 (across from 5072), deck 9 (across from 9088) and deck 10 (across from 10082).

If you have a printed map (or are looking on the web site), they are just aft of the last mid-ship inside cabin on the starboard (right). (They are forward from the mid-ship elevators.)

They got real crowded on sea days in Alaska (especially later in the cruise).

In the spirit of "a picture is worth a thousand words," I played around with PhotoShop this afternoon and here is the picture. :D

2000497969979318730_rs.jpg

If anybody else is interested in another of the "Gem-class" ships (to include PoH), it should be the same (but I don't know for sure).

Pete

Around day 4 or so of the cruise, I found it VERY difficult to get into the laundry room, as there were long waits. I would recommend getting up very early or going to bed late on laundry day. We were using the ones on deck 9.

Rnick821,

Thanks for the heads-up. :) We will plan accordingly. Detergent is available for $1 right there, correct?

Odblnt: Thanks for the precise locations! :) We will check the Gem & post the locations there when we get back.

Tom & Eileen

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a BUNCH !!

Hugs and kisses to all that posted confirming that they are available and exactly where the laundry facilities are on Pearl.

We're planning to go on Pearl for 14 days - back-to-back Southern & Western Caribbean and do NOT want to bring lots of luggage!!

:D :D :D

I've used the laundry on the Jewel and the Pearl with great success. One washer did get stuck in the cycle and all you have to do is call reception and they send a tech right away. The Jewel has a table for folding clothes while the Pearl does not (use the ironing board).

Carry softener sheets with you (I carry powdered detergent or buy gel packs at home) as you can use in the laundry or to sweeten sweaty shoes or freshen a suitcase or closet.

I never had a problem with using the laundry as I wait til there's been a very active day on shore and hustle down there before everyone is back. Keep a sharp eye as folks tend to want to dump your laundry when it's done or they put it in the dryer on too high of heat (trying to get your load done faster!).

Note: This is the only place I found onboard that does NOT have hand sanitizer; carry some with you for just this reason. :p

Bon Voyage!

msydpdx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have just returned from a week on the Pearl, and everyone should know that the self-service laundry facilities are no longer available. We were told that they had been removed so they could add more state rooms.

On Tuesday, they offered a special to clean an entire laundry bag for $24.95. The bag is small, but we were able to stuff a lot of clothes in there.

• 3 months later...

If you check out this thread you will see that the original posts date back to 2007, which is well before NCL phased out the self-service laundries. Not sure why someone resurrected this thread but unless people notice the discrepancy in dates, it is likely that it will create some confusion about the presence or absence of self-service laundries. :rolleyes:

If you check out this thread you will see that the original posts date back to 2007, which is well before NCL phased out the self-service laundries. Not sure why someone resurrected this thread but unless people notice the discrepancy in dates, it is likely that it will create some confusion about the presence or absence of self-service laundries. :rolleyes:

Ask Nestucca what page she found this thread? The previous post was Jan. 22 before she posted on it today..... The OP of this thread was posted in August 2007... Ancient history!

No Self Service in April. There were 2 days that had laundry specials. I think Monday and Thursday. We did the bag for $29, all came back hung in our closet or folded in a nice whicker basket on the bed. Worth it just to not have to think about it. We were continuing our vacation on land after the cruise, so it was nice to have some clean clothes and not have to pack so much to begin with.

We used the facilities on the Gem and the Dawn and posted pictures and gave all the info on where they were and what you needed but they are no longer available for our use! They were really great to have especially with kids. Oh well, maybe if enough of us complain they might bring them back?

If anyone knows of any of the ships that still offer the laundry facilities please let us know!

We used the facilities on the Gem and the Dawn and posted pictures and gave all the info on where they were and what you needed but they are no longer available for our use! They were really great to have especially with kids. Oh well, maybe if enough of us complain they might bring them back?

If anyone knows of any of the ships that still offer the laundry facilities please let us know!

To avoid paying a heavy fine, NCL removed them. They really weren't commercial washers or dryers anyway. Passengers overloaded them causing a major mess. On top of these issues with the Coast Guard, the passengers left their clothes unattended, passengers dumping others clothes, etc. Frankly, this is one head ache NCL is proud to leave behind.... They were more trouble than anything else....

Why should NCL man the laundry mats with personnel when there is a laundry cleaner service aboard?

To avoid paying a heavy fine, NCL removed them. They really weren't commercial washers or dryers anyway. Passengers overloaded them causing a major mess. On top of these issues with the Coast Guard, the passengers left their clothes unattended, passengers dumping others clothes, etc. Frankly, this is one head ache NCL is proud to leave behind.... They were more trouble than anything else....

Why should NCL man the laundry mats with personnel when there is a laundry cleaner service aboard?

And to add, now that NCL has revenue producing space there, what do you really think the chances are of them giving up that space to go back to a headache producer? :( I guess this is just saying the same thing a different way.

As to how much you can get in one of the "special bags" for laundry service... one of our friends managed to get 44 items in the bag, but he was retired Navy so counts as a professional clothes stuffer. ;)

Pete

Why the heck would the Coast Guard care if NCL had a self-service laundry room? :confused:

DT

Why the heck would the Coast Guard care if NCL had a self-service laundry room? :confused:

DT

Coast Guard inspects every ship operating in US waters for safety issues. Wet decks from overloaded washer and dryers aren't safe. Dud.....

Have you ever had a federal/state inspector inspect your business?

Have you ever had a federal/state inspector inspect your business?

It depends on the state and the business though. Never had either come through my bookstore.

The city fire inspector did come through once a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

As of about 6 months ago, today is April 18, 2009, NCL no longer has any self service laundrettes. They will give you a paper bag to put laundry in and do it for you at $24.95 a bag. They have not updated their website though. I called and asked for this information from NCL.

Archived