Transportation to Port Canaveral

cobra-cruiser

I am flying into Orlando international airport for a cruise on the Disney Dream a week later next month and would like to know if there is a transportation service other than buying the Disney transportation to the port. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

My family and I just used Sunrise Florida Transportation -- picked us up at our hotel and drove us right to the ship. They were promptly at the ship after our cruise and took us to MCO -- I can highly recommend them. They have 15 passenger vans and town cars. Their drivers, Jon and Art, were funny and entertaining to boot! Their phone is 1-866-709-8769. Hope this helps.

I am flying into Orlando international airport for a cruise on the Disney Dream a week later next month and would like to know if there is a transportation service other than buying the Disney transportation to the port. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

You could always do one way car rentals.

I used Mears transportation. For 4 of us it was cheaper than Carnivals shuttle. Had a town car pick us up at our hotel in Disney and take us to pier, picked us up after cruise and return us to airport. Might have been 120 total plus additional tip for 4 people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A very reputable company is Executive vip limo.

Michael the owner is a Cocoa Beach native and

knows all the best places to stay, eat and visit.

Nice guy and great service.

I used Mears transportation. For 4 of us it was cheaper than Carnivals shuttle. Had a town car pick us up at our hotel in Disney and take us to pier, picked us up after cruise and return us to airport. Might have been 120 total plus additional tip for 4 people.

Mears is the contractor for the Disney shuttle/bus to the port and WDW

If you get a one way car rental and pick it up at the airport, is the drop off point close to the port? Which company is closest?

Call them and make sure they have drop off in the port area and that they will take you to the pier.

If you are staying the night in the area most the hotels have free shuttles to the piers for the cruise ships.

Alright, I have been reading through all the threads about transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral and back. I'm still not sure about the logistics of my trip, does anyone have suggestions?

We're planning on flying into Orlando on a Wednesday and staying that night (so we need transport from airport to hotel). On Thursday we'll go from Orlando to the port. Sunday, we'll need to get from the port to the airport.

It seems like everything I've read says that for getting from Orlando to the port, renting a car one way is the cheapest, and it does seem that way so I'm leaning towards that route.

My question is, should we take a cab from the airport to the hotel (our hotel is within walking distance of where we want to go in Orlando or we can take a shuttle) and how can I figure out what my costs would be, approximately?

Also, I'm wondering how I will get from the hotel to pick up the rental car to go to the port.

It's looking more like renting a car for my arrival day AND the next day makes the most sense logistically, but it doesn't budget-wise. I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my head around what makes the most sense and is the most cost effective.

Hope this makes sense, I'd appreciate any sage advice, and thanks to everyone who has posted in the past - I've been reading up, I promise!

Alright, I have been reading through all the threads about transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral and back. I'm still not sure about the logistics of my trip, does anyone have suggestions?

We're planning on flying into Orlando on a Wednesday and staying that night (so we need transport from airport to hotel). On Thursday we'll go from Orlando to the port. Sunday, we'll need to get from the port to the airport.

It seems like everything I've read says that for getting from Orlando to the port, renting a car one way is the cheapest, and it does seem that way so I'm leaning towards that route.

My question is, should we take a cab from the airport to the hotel (our hotel is within walking distance of where we want to go in Orlando or we can take a shuttle) and how can I figure out what my costs would be, approximately?

Also, I'm wondering how I will get from the hotel to pick up the rental car to go to the port.

It's looking more like renting a car for my arrival day AND the next day makes the most sense logistically, but it doesn't budget-wise. I guess I'm just having a hard time getting my head around what makes the most sense and is the most cost effective.

Hope this makes sense, I'd appreciate any sage advice, and thanks to everyone who has posted in the past - I've been reading up, I promise!

Well Im not sure how big of car you need? If its the smallest size thats pretty cheap it looks like...Maybe get a car at the airport, if your heading at a hotel by the port, then I guess you dont have to have a car after that since a shuttle would take you to the port for your cruise...Inless you want a car while staying at your hotel by the port....Not sure what yoru wanting to spend on transpertation for your time there.

a one-way car rental to get to the port from the Orlando airport and then a shuttle back. The one-way to the port was really cheap through Thrifty - $20 plus a $17 surcharge for the one-way rental. For some reason it was $50 more for the rental from the port to the airport. Rather than mess with a car rental for a short period of time, we decided to just book the shuttle for about $5 more.

Also, if you stay at a hotel near the airport, many of them have shuttles. I have reserved a room at a Holiday Inn express. If the hotel you choose doesn't have a shuttle, you can arrange for one with a third party company. Mears is really popular in Orlando.

We haven't booked our airfare yet, our cruise is 10 months away and I'm hoping to get a better deal (we've flown to Orlando for as little as $172/person and right now for our dates it is $432/person). Because I don't know what our arrival and departure times are going to be I've reserved a room near the airport in case we land late at night and I've also reserved one at Cape Canaveral in case our flight lands earlier in the day. We can adjust our plans according to the air travel itinerary later on.

We rented with Budget, in February, and they provided a free shuttle from the Cape Canaveral location, which is maybe a 5 minute shuttle ride from the port - Avis is right across the street from the Budget location and they also have a shuttle.

About how much was it from Orlando to Cape Canaveral?

Hey Sunshine, we paid $83 with tax and tolls for a private

towncar for three of us. The same amount back to MCO

a week later. very good service.

can you tell me what they charged you we need from airport to a hotel and what hotels are clean and close to port with free shuttle.

Thanks Dream in August

For 4 of us in a private minivan from orlando airport

to the LaQuinta Oceanfront in Cocoa Beach was $89.

Also $89 back to the Airport from the Cruiseship.

I know that they have private towncars and limos too.

Call and speak with Michael who is a real gentleman.

Executive vip limousine and sedan service 321-505-0009