Priceline Bid tonight, 4* Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Beach

leennp

Just thought others who might be having difficulty finding good precruise hotel rates due to season ant the influx on BCS fans would like to know my winning priceline bid in Hollywood Beach area. 130/night for the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. Hope we like it, we are going on Celebrity Cruise with some friends of ours and leaving the kids at home! We were looking for a really nice hotel to enjoy.

We stayed there in January and thou gt it was one the finest hotels we have ever stayed in......I am sure that you are going to love it.:) We took the trolley that stops at the hotel to Hollywood Beach to get some dinners that are affordable though.

IT's a beautiful hotel. Hope you have more than one night. Plan on higher cab fares both ways. But worth staying especially if more than one night. Know there are three or four retaurants there. Sports bar (across street) and the lobby casual restaurant are well priced considering they are hotel owned. Steak house is $$$$.

If nice weather, there's a great waterfront outdoor restaurant across the street "under the Hallandale water tower". Delicious fresh fish and good breakfasts. (forget the name) Otherwise take the trolley (runs Thurs -Mondays only) to the broadwalk along the beach or downtown for more restaurant choices.

Have a great time.

Book a limo to take you to the ship

It will be about $70 we used Hollands limos

Last year they were great.

A cab will cost about $40.

Our cab fare from the port to the hotel was $28 plus tip as I recall. No need to spend double for a limo unless it's a "want". It's not a long ride. ;)

We are there for one night on 1/2/2013, so had to find something surrounding New Years and the Orange Bowl in the area. Since there are 4 of us with our cruise buddies, we just decided to rent a car at FLL airport then drive ourselves to Miami and return car outside of port. The rental rate was around 50, so even with 25 parking worked out better than 2 one way transportations, plus we can determine our own times. I would like to stay more than one night, but flight on New Years day was way to much. At least hotel is partway to Miami from Fort Lauderdale.

Eandj, some bad news. The beachside restaurant closed a couple of months ago:(. Very upset about that. I used to eat breakfast there every morning when I stayed at the Crowne Plaza across the street. Was talking to one of the locals and he told me the people building the high rise next door on the beach bought the property and that little parking lot. There was a sign stating where they were relocating but I forgot what it said. Bob

Eandj, some bad news. The beachside restaurant closed a couple of months ago:(. Very upset about that. I used to eat breakfast there every morning when I stayed at the Crowne Plaza across the street. Was talking to one of the locals and he told me the people building the high rise next door on the beach bought the property and that little parking lot. There was a sign stating where they were relocating but I forgot what it said. Bob

Wow ...That IS bad news. We loved stopping by...great food and friendly owners. It was awfully close to the construction site. Wondered last Jan. if they would survive the location. If you find out the new name or location let us know here. I know it's popular once people stay at the Westin or Crown Plaza. So convenient for anyone staying on that strip. dang.

Archived