Cork balcony price drop

Hi

Just thought I'd let anyone know who is going to Cork in May that there are balcony guarantees up for grabs at £353.00 (or thereabouts, cant remember now).

We had an E2 already but have decided to go for the guarantee and saved ourselves £143.00. They took off £35.00 admin charge as tickets have already been issued but we are still £143 better off (that will pay some of the bar bill!!)

Now the wait for the room..........scary......

>>Now the wait for the room..........scary......

I have never sailed with RCI - but have been monitoring the falling prices on this trip since I priced it last August.

Certainly very attractive pricing - but intrested in your "scary" comment what do you knopw about the IoS balcony cabins? ;-))

John

Hi

Just thought I'd let anyone know who is going to Cork in May that there are balcony guarantees up for grabs at £353.00 (or thereabouts, cant remember now).

We had an E2 already but have decided to go for the guarantee and saved ourselves £143.00. They took off £35.00 admin charge as tickets have already been issued but we are still £143 better off (that will pay some of the bar bill!!)

Now the wait for the room..........scary......

Hi trolleydolly

We booked through travel agent, do we need to contact them or RCI direct?:confused:

Hi trolleydolly

We booked through travel agent, do we need to contact them or RCI direct?:confused:

Hiya

Think you need to contact your travel agent. RCI wont do it direct unless you booked with them directly. Good luck

>>Now the wait for the room..........scary......

I have never sailed with RCI - but have been monitoring the falling prices on this trip since I priced it last August.

Certainly very attractive pricing - but intrested in your "scary" comment what do you knopw about the IoS balcony cabins? ;-))

John

Ha! Not really scary. Its just that we havent had a guarantee before. We have always chosen our cabins!!!

Yay! I got my guarantee balcony. Will new luggage labels be issued when the cabin is allocated? Ian :D

Excellent!! Think we will be issued with new luggage labels. Also, if you have already done on line check in, you will have to re do it as it has old cabin no. on.

By the way, I was allocated a cabin in about an hour.:)

Yay! I got my guarantee balcony. Will new luggage labels be issued when the cabin is allocated? Ian :D

No they will not reissue the luggage labels.

You get a big black biro and cross out the old room number and write in the new one. Or the porters at the pier have blank luggage labels you can fill in yourself.

Have called TA and RCI many times today, RCI said it was possible, but TA were saying they called RCI and were told not posible:confused:

Have now been told may be possible in the morning??

I was told the same thing from my TA. However they said as I had booked a Balcony cabin I could not change to a guarantee cabin because this was a downgrade. I guess I will have to accept this, but it does seem that others have had better luck. Oh well :rolleyes:

Have called TA and RCI many times today, RCI said it was possible, but TA were saying they called RCI and were told not posible:confused:

Have now been told may be possible in the morning??

After many phone call's today, we have been changed to the balcony guarantee, saved a few hundred so really pleased.

It took 2 day's and a bit of stress but happy with the result.

Can't wait to get back on board.:D

Archived