need guidance

phatsneaks

We are in port from 9:30 A to 6:30P we were going to skip in water activities other than beach time, wanted to see the island, when we were there before we did a single beach stop, want to see the plans, orient, French side and other things, is Da party bus the only excursion that offers this kind of sightseeing? and has anyone used Twin Island Excursions, other sites show da party bus at $70, twin offers it at $49.

Edited by phatsneaks

This was the only port of our 5 port cruise we did not have a planned excursion. Our party of 6 walked off the ship and approached the organized orange Taxi tent. They had representatives explaining various taxi options and large visuals of what you could do.

We choose the Island Tour which I believe was $30pp. It was less for more people and more for less people, but we had a total of 6 and the van to ourselves!

We went to both the Dutch and French side, stopping at look out points etc. We shopped on the french side. We had a brief stop at Maho - Sunset bar. We drove all around We went to the beach for a good bit too at the end.. There was a clothing optional side as well as a regular side. Lots of bars and food options and chairs to rent. We just swam and had a drink at the bar, but there was a deal for $8 for a lounger and any drink you wanted at the place we randomly choose to park ourselves. I had the most delicious mango frozen drink and enjoyed it in the incredible water. The drink was $6 so that chair deal for $8 which gave you a free drink was good. Some of our party just enjoyed the view and the reasonable buckets of beer, while we swam.

This was an awesome deal to see it all. Our taxi tour driver's name was Sonja and I would highly recommend her. They had wonderfully clean vans, she was articulate and interesting young woman.

It was suppose to be $30 pp for 6 of us for a 3 hour tour, but we ended up having a 5 hour tour for no additional charge! I get the feeling our tour could have been easily adjusted to meet any requests, but we went with her itinerary and had a great day.

We found St Martin taxi area at the port to be an excellent safe option for our day and we felt very confident and relaxed with our choice. We were there Oct 4, 2014.

Edited by CMM