Opinions! Better to just book Specialty Restarants vs. booking a Package

jodevine

We are cruising on Divina out of Miami on 10/25. Restaurant package for Divina $109 pp which includes Eataly Ristorante Italia, Galaxy, Steakhouse and free Pizza in Pizzeria Italia and one special in Sports bar.

Each of these are for specific items in each restaurant. One app, one entree, on dessert. And the 7 sample menu and 7 wines in Ristorante Italia.

My question! Does it make sense to just book each restaurant and order off menu? We have already booked the Allegrissimo Premium beverage package.

Website is really no help here. Thanks!

I would not prebook. The menu is quite limited and you may want something that is not included in your package. It was no hard to get a ressie at the speciality restaurants at all. Actually, we didn't really care for them. My advice is to wait.

I agree. We intended to try Eataly for the steak, but once we saw the cold appearance of the always empty room, we passed and stuck with the surprisingly good MDR. The a la carte prices were pretty shocking, too.

I want to eat at Galaxy, but am pretty sure that my husband and daughter would hate it. Neither do seafood and both are conservative in food choices (my daughter especially so). I am going to wait until onboard, check out the menu, and then make a decision. I am thinking that there may be a daddy/daughter dinner one night so that I can escape to Galaxy

I agree. We intended to try Eataly for the steak, but once we saw the cold appearance of the always empty room, we passed and stuck with the surprisingly good MDR. The a la carte prices were pretty shocking, too.

JK,,,most Eataly restaurants around the world are decorated this way: Here is a pic of the Eataly restaurant in Rome:

Bz5HXmqIIAAy3yO.jpg

It's to bad you didn't take a chance and try it because the food is incredible!!!:)

Whichever way you go, if you are a member of MSC Club you should wait to book everything until you are on the ship. You will get more points for adding things onto your on-board account - I think it is 1 point per $200. I don't believe that if you prepay for items you will still get the points. Last cruise I prepaid for an excursion which was over $400 for my family but we did not get the extra 2 points on our account.