Beach/Water Front Bar VERY close to the Ship's Dock

OCruisers

There's no beach close to port.

I think the nearest bar is Ruins Rock. Walk off the ship, straight down the dock, cross Bay St. and keep going straight ahead. You'll walk past the Royal Bank on your left and the Museum on your right. Ruins Rock is less than 100 ft. past the bank on your left - can't miss it. Very interesting place to visit...

Cheers, P:)

Thanks, P!

The upcoming will be our 5th port stop in Dominica. On the others we have taken some sort of tour which we never really enjoyed so this time we just want to find an interesting bar. Very much appreciate your time to give the detailed directions.

We're OK with shabby rustic bars so seems Ruins Rock could be a good fit for us! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There's no beach close to port.

I think the nearest bar is Ruins Rock. Walk off the ship, straight down the dock, cross Bay St. and keep going straight ahead. You'll walk past the Royal Bank on your left and the Museum on your right. Ruins Rock is less than 100 ft. past the bank on your left - can't miss it. Very interesting place to visit...

Cheers, P:)

After your posting I googled "Ruins Rock" and found this article about its closure http://dominicanewsonline.com/news/homepage/news/business/ruins-rock-cafe-says-adieu/

After your posting I googled "Ruins Rock" and found this article about its closure http://dominicanewsonline.com/news/homepage/news/business/ruins-rock-cafe-says-adieu/

Thanks for posting this information. We had planned to go there!

How sad it is Ruins Rock is being FORCED to close! :(

LuLu

I know I liked your idea and I thought I had a plan too

:rolleyes: Guess we're going to have to come up with a Plan B ... without, once again, taking a tour/shore excursion to places we've already been and don't want to see again. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Archived