Why I Book Early Saver

Catrin

We have booked Early Saver for the last several cruises. Most have come with a small amount of OBC due to price adjustments the last 45 days.

Our upcoming cruise in July is completely different. Since booking in February, our cruise price has gone down FIVE times. We have two cabins books.. for 3 and 2 people. Sometimes, just ONE of these cabins goes down. Other times it has been both.

Total savings so far... since booking.. $930. Yes, we know the issues Carnival has gone through lately.... and I am sure discounts are available as a marketing tool and to entice cruisers. But I love taking advantage of it!

The one thing about the adjustments before the final payment... it comes right off the price! That is the best credit at all.

We have booked Early Saver for the last several cruises. Most have come with a small amount of OBC due to price adjustments the last 45 days.

Our upcoming cruise in July is completely different. Since booking in February, our cruise price has gone down FIVE times. We have two cabins books.. for 3 and 2 people. Sometimes, just ONE of these cabins goes down. Other times it has been both.

Total savings so far... since booking.. $930. Yes, we know the issues Carnival has gone through lately.... and I am sure discounts are available as a marketing tool and to entice cruisers. But I love taking advantage of it!

The one thing about the adjustments before the final payment... it comes right off the price! That is the best credit at all.

Totally agree with you. I've saved over $1100(adjustments and OBC) and upgraded 4 times on an upcoming Med cruise. I like the adjustments, but OBC is a nice bonus as well. Makes me try new things, and/or drink a little more.:D

Same here...booked back in November for our upcoming July cruise and we had left a cushion to allow for price drops before the payoff date. Not only is it paid off, but we now have $670 in OBC. Total drop has been over $900!

It isn't for everyone. I've used it twice and had zero price drops either time. Guess I just happened to book when the prices were already at their lowest.

I tend to not fly to FL to cruise, and sailing out of Charleston or Jacksonville or Norfolk, where there's no competition to fill ships means prices rarely drop - they only increase.

I could switch my November cruise to ES, but there's a really good chance that someone may join me (I'm usually sailing solo these days) and that person probably isn't going to want to go on that cruise. So, I'm not going to lock myself into a rate that could cost me to cancel or switch. Besides, it's a 1-time repo and, again, chances are that prices won't drop (I got $40 last week with a PG rate) because it's a one-of-a-kind sailing. Those tend to only go up.

I just don't look at the prices after final payment. If I wasn't happy with the fare, I wouldn't have booked in the first place, so once I'm paid-in-full, I don't check. And just because someone else says they got an OBC doesn't mean anything to me. If your price drops $1,000 that just tells me you booked at way too high a fare to start with!

Archived