On line check not working

edgee

If your cruise is many weeks out, may want to hold off doing on line check in. If you want to register as a cash payer for on board charges, it seems to work, but the system will not accept credit card information and may not be fixed for several days according to Celebrity's phone assist staff. Frustrating that there is a 15 minute wait to speak with someone who will only tell me to either register as a "cash" guest or wait "several days."

There is NO NEED to do OLCI. Just arrive at the pier, as long as you know your last name, they will accommodate you at the counter.

I've done it a few times, I give OLCI 1 chance if it fails I move on and forget it.

They just have you handwrite a few details on a form on arrival is all. Adds maybe 1 extra minute to the check in process.

The point is more about why the website can't seem to be made to function properly.....various issues going on on 3 or 4 threads or more.. Folks not happy!

Someone did not properly pre-test whatever they did......getting worse not better!

Work arounds should be the last resort.

There is NO NEED to do OLCI. Just arrive at the pier, as long as you know your last name, they will accommodate you at the counter.

I've done it a few times, I give OLCI 1 chance if it fails I move on and forget it.

They just have you handwrite a few details on a form on arrival is all. Adds maybe 1 extra minute to the check in process.

Why don't you use your influence as a Celebrity Ambassador to volunteer all the ambassadors to test web changes BEFORE they just throw them out there.

If any of you want to play a really fun game, get married AFTER booking your cruise and then change your legal name! I can't begin to tell you about all the fun that comes with that (Captain's Club info is different that the reservation info is different than the online log in). It's been so much fun that I have completely given up on it at all.

We did our on line checkin without issue and have already received our luggage tags. Our ailing in New Year sailing. No problems at all with the website.

Nice that you checked in okay, but I was referring to a problem that has recently arisen. At least Celebrity should have a notice on their web page to hold off a few days until problem is resolved.

Why don't you use your influence as a Celebrity Ambassador to volunteer all the ambassadors to test web changes BEFORE they just throw them out there.

We don't get advanced notification of anything, we are limited to our internet searching skills, use of the celebrity website, and our personal knowledge and that of our teammates.

And as the method of payment is limited strictly and only to each guest interaction, there is no hourly wage, why would any of us want to volunteer our time to do such things.

I can see that some of the suggestions submitted have been tended to, so see they did respond to some of those issues logged.

And again, the Ambassador program is something completely unrelated and handled on board by the Crusie Directors.

We are not employees of Celebrity so are not involved in any planning etc. We are just regular cruisers. About the only thing we have, is a way to log issues as we come across them, and I am happy to see that some of those issues we have logged have been looked at and tended to.

Nice that you checked in okay, but I was referring to a problem that has recently arisen. At least Celebrity should have a notice on their web page to hold off a few days until problem is resolved.

I dod not know how recent the problem was. We checkin gin in the last 10 days. I thought that was considered recent.

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

If your cruise is many weeks out, may want to hold off doing on line check in. If you want to register as a cash payer for on board charges, it seems to work, but the system will not accept credit card information and may not be fixed for several days according to Celebrity's phone assist staff. Frustrating that there is a 15 minute wait to speak with someone who will only tell me to either register as a "cash" guest or wait "several days."

We just switched from credit card to cash account to get it to work.

They also changed the format of the xpress pass and it only printed the top part.

Oh well, at least it included the bar code and all the essential info.

We will just switch to credit card when we check in at the pier, which we know is very quick and easy to do, having done it before.

Better than waiting several days and then bothering with trying to change it online again.

If any of you want to play a really fun game, get married AFTER booking your cruise and then change your legal name! I can't begin to tell you about all the fun that comes with that (Captain's Club info is different that the reservation info is different than the online log in). It's been so much fun that I have completely given up on it at all.

This "problem" comes up frequently when women get married and change their name after booking a cruise, but there is no need for it to be a problem at all if you simply use whichever name is on your passport.

If they are not the same, just change the name on your cruise reservation so that it matches your passport name exactly.

That is quick and easy to do and it avoids any hassles or aggravation.

When you check in for your cruise, nobody cares whether or not you are married, only that the name on your cruise reservation matches the name on the passport you present.

This "problem" comes up frequently when women get married and change their name after booking a cruise, but there is no need for it to be a problem at all if you simply use whichever name is on your passport.

If they are not the same, just change the name on your cruise reservation so that it matches your passport name exactly.

When you check in for your cruise, nobody cares whether or not you are married, only that the name on your cruise reservation matches the name on the passport you present.

The other issue is also that your reservation name must exactly match Captains club name in order to do OLCI and keep captain;s club number in resize, And changing captains club may require some faxing of paperwork. Can you change your last name during OLCI? i think that field is greyed out. and requires a phone call. A reservation must maintain 1 name on the reservation.

I dod not know how recent the problem was. We checkin gin in the last 10 days. I thought that was considered recent.

Well, there is "recent" and then there is more recent. ;)

The problems currently being reported were caused by the changes that were made last week without first being tested properly. :eek:

I posted this problem on Sunday. It's still not working. I called yesterday and the only way to get around this problem is the same as another poster stated...you must sign up for cash account and then change to credit card at the pier.

They are aware of the problem, it started last week.

I was able to complete online check in for part of my reservation. Trouble printing though and locked out when tried again.

Yesterday, I printed my wife's boarding pass with no trouble, but I couldn't get the luggage tags to print which, I know, is no big deal. Maybe it's my computer, It couldn't be me, could it?:rolleyes:

Cash or credit isn't my issue. I can't get the site to recognize my Captain's Club number. Called Sunday and told they were aware of the issue and to wait until Wednesday. Just for grins and giggles I tried a few minutes ago. Not resolved yet. Rather than raise my blood pressure, I'll ignore the Celebrity site for a couple of days then try again. Hopefully their IS hamsters will dig out of the litter and fix this by then.

This is not quick nor easy! I went through also, had make several phone calls and fax the paperwork a few times before everything was sorted out properly!

This is not quick nor easy! I went through also, had make several phone calls and fax the paperwork a few times before everything was sorted out properly!
Don't know who you spoke to or why they wanted you to fax anything if you were simply requesting a name change on a cruise reservation, but sorry you had a hard time.

My cousin did it recently, and all it took was one phone call to get the name on her reservation changed. It was done immediately. No need to fax anything.

We ourselves have also changed names on reservations with no hassle at all.

Celebrity's policy is that as long as one name on the reservation remains the same, the other can be changed.

There is a time restriction though, as I recall, so you can't wait until the last minute to request it.

Don't know who you spoke to or why they wanted you to fax anything if you were simply requesting a name change on a cruise reservation, but sorry you had a hard time.

My cousin did it recently, and all it took was one phone call to get the name on her reservation changed. It was done immediately. No need to fax anything.

We ourselves have also changed names on reservations with no hassle at all.

Celebrity's policy is that as long as one name on the reservation remains the same, the other can be changed.

There is a time restriction though, as I recall, so you can't wait until the last minute to request it.

The issue however arises when you have a Captain's Club Number which info does not match the name of the passenger on the reservation.

So yes change reservation is simple, but if you then link Captain's club account to it and it has old name still, it won't let you get captains club points or note status on the reservation, so you have to then fax and send paperwork to captains club to get that resolved in order for the verification step in Check-In to allow the number on the reservation.

I had issue where TA booked me as Curt, but my Captain;s club was CURTIS, and i wouldn't link. SO my TA changes reservation to CURTIS< and all was good to go. But had I wanted to keep CURT, then I would have has to fax proof of name change to captains club to have them update the record there.

Edited by cle-guy

Curt

do you have a ph number that an upper level suite guest can call to get some paperwork issues sorted out.....friend has several booked cruises in upper level suites but may cancel all...exasperated with paperwork...and little help from reps b/c they do not have the answers?

At one point , I thought suite people had a dedicated line...just like Zeniths...just trying to help her out!

Surprise! At long last, there is a notice that pops up when you click on "Online Check in" saying that they are having technical difficulties and to expect problems for the next 48 hours. In all of this discussion of various problems over the last month or so, this is the first time I've seen a written admission by Celebrity that there is a problem. Now.....will they actually fix anything and how long will it take????

Edited by Kartgv