Kids and Vision of the Seas

jerzgrl

We are looking at taking a Mexican Riv cruise on Royal's Vision of the Seas in November 2005.

Has anyone gone on this cruise with kids in the age range 6-10 before? Other than the rock climbing wall, is there mini golf, ice skating? How is the Adventure Ocean program?

I just want to make sure that this boat is the right one to go on with the kids.

Also, is the weather in Mexico in late November good?

We were on the Vision for two weeks in August '04'. We were sailing in Alaska,so I can't tell you about Mexico, but I can tell you that my kids loved the Vision. No there wasn't mini golf or ice skating, but they didn't miss it. The staff in the Adventure Ocean program were awesome. My kids never wanted to leave, even for dinner or to go into port. I had to make them go. My kids were 10 and 13, so you would think that they were too old, but they had as much fun as the little kids. They also had some family activities, where the parents were invited. Off the top of my head I remember a science demo, where they had an erupting volcano(that sprayed from the floor up to the ceiling); scavenger hunt; and bingo. My mother even hula hooped to win a tee shirt during the family bingo. The kids loved seeing grandma look silly. A fun time was had by all.

• 2 weeks later...

My kids were 7 and 9 when we went last year and they had a good time also. It was Easter week and there were over 700 kids on board so that might of had something to do with it. When we do our land trips to Puerto Vallarta for Thanksgiving the weather has always been nice. I can't say much for the other two ports though as we haven't done land trips around that time. Have a great time.

Misty

Archived