Expedia or Travelocity or direct with airline(Iberia)?

MedwardBound

I will be purchasing tickets for our post-cruise stay (Barcelona to Paris). Iberia has the best price, and the price is the same whether booked through Travelocity, Expedia, or directly on Iberia's website.

Any advantages or disadvantages I should be aware of? If for some reason I need customer service (flight delayed or cancelled, illness, etc.), would having booked through Travelocity or Expedia help or hurt?

Hi, we did Paris to Barcelona last Nov. Booked thru Iberia as price was

same or better. Had several questions on baggage weight limits and

found Iberia to be easy to talk to, overwight charge very steep. Also

guess you checked round trip price, usually much cheaper than one-

way. As long as you use the first leg you can pitch the return and

everyone is happy. Have a great trip.

Book directly through the airlines whenever possible. Expedia or Travelocity are just travel agencies and thus really provide no value of booking through them. Also if there are any changes to your flights/etc., dealing with the airline directly is better as I've heard horror stories of trying to change things though the Expedia's & Travelocity's when something goes wrong.

Also if there are any changes to your flights/etc., dealing with the airline directly is better as I've heard horror stories of trying to change things though the Expedia's & Travelocity's when something goes wrong.

On a similar note, the airline rarely calls/emails YOU if your flight is changed when you book through a travel agent; they call the agent. I have never been directly informed by Expedia etc, and indeed had to call the airline myself to fix the problem.

The only advantage to booking through agents like Expedia or Travelocity is that even with the service fee the site charges ($7-9 depending on the site), it's often better than paying the foreign exchange service fee on my credit card, which is 2.5-3% in addition to the exchange (since we're in Canada and certain airlines... cough*USAIRWAYS*cough) will not charge in Canadian dollars on their site. When you're talking about $800 airline tickets, that's a big chunk of change.

Archived