Transportation from hotel to cruise port

Gatorspuck

Hello we are flying in on Oct 20th to Orlando . We will be staying at Hilton lake beanua vista place near Disney springs . Our cruise leaves on the 22nd . My question what would be the best way to get us around .

1. From the airport to the Hilton

2. From the Hilton to the cruise port

3. From the cruise port back to the I drive area we are not sure of hotel yet .

Taxi shuttle service private car car rental?

Hello we are flying in on Oct 20th to Orlando . We will be staying at Hilton lake beanua vista place near Disney springs . Our cruise leaves on the 22nd . My question what would be the best way to get us around .

car rental would be the easiest. I would drive to the port the day before.

Usually direct with the rental company. Less hassles if there are problems.

Alamo, Budget , Avis and Enterprise have web pages.

My preference is Budget rent a car.

If you booked thru a TA . They can book the car for you.

I normally book a full size car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Before you rent a car check with your auto insurance company - you can likely decline the overpriced coverage and waivers the car rental agencies try to push on you as you are probably already covered. ;)

Before you rent a car check with your auto insurance company - you can likely decline the overpriced coverage and waivers the car rental agencies try to push on you as you are probably already covered. ;)

Thanks never even thought of that . Iam a Canadian so not sure if there is different rules for that or not .

Rental car for sure. BTW, don't forget to reserve a car for going back to Orlando.

Rental car for sure. BTW, don't forget to reserve a car for going back to Orlando.

Unless your flight home leaves after about 1:30-2:00 I would not bother with a car rental -- just use one of the shared shuttles for about $20-25 per person.

Car rentals are very easy inside of Orlando airport( exiting and returning) but many are outside of airport! I live near PC and after driving 528 to port or Cocoa Beach area the rental returns are all clustered around the area. The closest rental that sits right on port area is Alamo but if you choose others they will shuttle you to ship as well. They are all along A1A.

Radisson at the port has on site parking so you might check them out as they have a large parking lot for cruise customers. Other port hotels offer parking as well.

I guess in all it comes down to cost...

By the way sometimes weekly rentals are cheaper...

Alamo insider ( if you sign up with them) gives you cheaper rates as well as pay ahead rates and a free upgrade if you sign up with them.

By the way a new gimmick for visitors to MCO area is car rental agencies selling you a sun pass .... At present

417/528 are toll roads around MCO and out to port.

If you do not plan on doing a lot of local driving don't buy it .... On the other hand the tolls will nickel and dime you to death! LOL!

Enjoy!!!!