Returning Rental at Airport $$$$$$$$$$$

Cookie2boys

Just booked post cruise rental. Ship returns on a Saturday. Flight on Sunday. Picking up at Port Canaveral and returning rental at Airport. Cost is just over $200. I was thinking it would run around $70 or $80. Is it always this expensive for a one day rental if returning at an Airport?

Just booked post cruise rental. Ship returns on a Saturday. Flight on Sunday. Picking up at Port Canaveral and returning rental at Airport. Cost is just over $200. I was thinking it would run around $70 or $80. Is it always this expensive for a one day rental if returning at an Airport?

I just reserved with Alamo out of FLL returning to SRQ IN SARASOTA $72 for a full size????

What are your dates? Easter Sunday? President's Week? Yes, that rate is accurate.

September? That rate is way out of line.

Your time frame would help.

OK that may explain it. Picking up 12/30 returning 12/31. I'll still check around though. Thanks.

Standard car on Costco is $71 if returning to Orlando Airport.

Thanks for all of your help. The best I've came up with so far thanks to your help is to get a $60 membership from Costco and get a rental for $71. So that's a $40 savings with a years membership at Costco. Win Win!!!!!

Glad I suggested Costco...just assumed you had a membership...but now you do...enjoy ;)

If you are looking at Avis they seem to have increased their drop off charge. I usually rent a car to travel from home and drop off at the airport. Avis is now charging a 300 dollar drop off charge on top of the 60 dollar rental. With taxes it's over 386 dollars for a one day rental. Shop around for better deals

Sent from my iPad using Forums