Raising charges again !!!!!!!!!

crystalaziza

O.K. I'm not one for complaining (much) but it has not been even 30 minutes that I've gotten an e-mail from NCL stating that they have raised their DSC AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!! Now up to a mini suite its 13.50 pp & $15.50 for any suite catagory. O.K. so again, that is still not that much of an increase, but it's still an increase. Twice in what...... less than 6 months. NCL your killing me !! You can stop it now!

You said you're not one for complaining and then you complain lol.

It seems NCL does not remember that we have other options!

Oh trust me Norwegian remembers but they know they're the best out there.

What if you don't get this email? I never seem to get any communication from NCL when they make changes. I booked through the UK site, so maybe they just don't bother to tell us??

I didn't get the email either and I'm in the UK. I rely on Cruise Critic for my info!! Just called and pre-paid the grats for our October cruise without any problems. Have to confess though that I would still have done this even if they had charged the higher amount. Just find its better to get it out of the way. It's years since we paid the tips (sorry, Service Charge) at the end of any cruise except of course the cash we give if we feel extra is called for.

I didn't get the email either and I'm in the UK. I rely on Cruise Critic for my info!! Just called and pre-paid the grats for our October cruise without any problems. Have to confess though that I would still have done this even if they had charged the higher amount. Just find its better to get it out of the way. It's years since we paid the tips (sorry, Service Charge) at the end of any cruise except of course the cash we give if we feel extra is called for.

Thanks for the info! I've sent NCL an email as I'm at work so can't call. I don't mind pre-paying the grats, but I do wish they emailed us when they make these changes! If I wasn't on CC then I'd never find out about them- that's not good! If they can email the US cruisers then they can email us as well.

I've also just been on MyNCL and paid for the 4 day speciality dining package. I was going to do it nearer the time of my Jan cruise, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they might put the prices up now the 'a la carte' stuff makes the packages more attractive...

O.K. I'm not one for complaining (much) but it has not been even 30 minutes that I've gotten an e-mail from NCL stating that they have raised their DSC AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!! Now up to a mini suite its 13.50 pp & $15.50 for any suite catagory. O.K. so again, that is still not that much of an increase, but it's still an increase. Twice in what...... less than 6 months. NCL your killing me !! You can stop it now!

thanks, but if you check you will see this is all over the internet, already posted earlier in more than one place.

That never occurred to me but I had already booked and paid for the 4 dinner package.

They might not put the price up, but doesn't hurt to do it now just in case! I worked out that we will save $50 each using the 4 day package so didn't want to miss out on that!

You can also pay for the 3 or 4 night SDP on day 1 or 2 of the cruise. You do not need to give them money in advance.

Sorry, conspiracy theorists....

I'm sure you can but I wanted to buy it now. We are on a 10 night cruise so I know I will want to use some of the speciality places for variety. And now if the price goes up I know I'm already sorted. Not sure that's a 'conspiracy'...

I don't have time to read the hundreds of posts. But this increase....is it the one that was announced over 6 months ago and is now just taking place?

If so this is old news and its not really raising gratuities "again."

But if this is another raise from the one announced 6 months ago... that is crazy :eek:

I don't have time to read the hundreds of posts. But this increase....is it the one that was announced over 6 months ago and is now just taking place?

If so this is old news and its not really raising gratuities "again."

But if this is another raise from the one announced 6 months ago... that is crazy :eek:

A new one was announced yesterday...........

simple solution, remove the charge and use cash to those that serve you.

I just rang and got them to add it to my account at the old rates- it's only a $11 difference for my whole cruise, but why pay more than you have to...

Edited by SquishTheWhale

I'm sure you can but I wanted to buy it now. We are on a 10 night cruise so I know I will want to use some of the speciality places for variety. And now if the price goes up I know I'm already sorted. Not sure that's a 'conspiracy'...

You weren't the object of that post.

I got the Norwegian notice of the increase also. What's (not) funny is that it happened to us earlier this year on a different Norwegian booking. So, we've had the charges raised on us twice in one year after we'd booked. And that was in addition to changing two port-of-calls on this upcoming itinerary. Aggravating.

I got the Norwegian notice of the increase also. What's (not) funny is that it happened to us earlier this year on a different Norwegian booking. So, we've had the charges raised on us twice in one year after we'd booked. And that was in addition to changing two port-of-calls on this upcoming itinerary. Aggravating.
With both raises, they did and or are giving you the opportunity to pre-pay at the old rate.

Yes, they offered the booking rate IF it is pre-paid. It's not about the money so much, but the aggravation of having it happen twice in one year. I naively wish that once a trip is booked, the price could not be changed for any part of it! I also wish they would just include the "daily service charge" in the total. I always tip the room steward and others in addition to the daily service charges at the end of my cruises. I've never asked if they get to keep their personal tips and hadn't heard of that "pooling of tips" until I read it on Cruise Critic.

I guess it's just terminology, but by pre-paying, I meant having it paid before you cruise, so that's the same thing you'll be doing, paying in full with your cruise booking by the "due" date. If I have to pay it, it really doesn't matter whether it is before or at the end of the cruise. I just have this "thing" about wanting the original agreement not being changed, and that goes for the itinerary also. I know they reserve the right and have their reasons, but I don't like missing two of the ports-of-call which enticed me to book an upcoming cruise. The replacements stops are ones we have visited many times already, not that we've seen it all or done it all. I'm nearly 70 years old and "set" in my ways by now! Changes get less acceptable the older I get.