DSC/Auto Tips..What day are they charged?

lizziez00

This will be my 1st cruise on NCL (I have 11 on Carnival). Wondering what day the auto tips are charged on a 7 day Alaska on the Pearl?

Carnival varies by ship...some on the third day some on the last day. As I do a cash account, I just wondered when to have that extra in.

Thanks in advance!

Got it. I guess it differs from Carnival in that I have never had to put any set amount on my cash account at embarcation...just had to have enough in to pay the auto tips when they occur (they do them in one shot) and whatever I charge.

NCL makes you put at least the DSC on your account up front, and then you can add to it if you need to....Correct???

Can I use NCL Gift Certificates at check in for the deposit? (When I purchase them online) or do they just show up automatically when purchased on the NCL website?

Edited by lizziez00

Got it. I guess it differs from Carnival in that I have never had to put any set amount on my cash account at embarcation...just had to have enough in to pay the auto tips when they occur (they do them in one shot) and whatever I charge.

NCL makes you put at least the DSC on your account up front, and then you can add to it if you need to....Correct???

Can I use NCL Gift Certificates at check in for the deposit? (When I purchase them online) or do they just show up automatically when purchased on the NCL website?

You can prepay the DSC online and skip the whole gift certificate thing. You can also prepurchase onboard credit.

You can prepay the DSC online and skip the whole gift certificate thing. You can also prepurchase onboard credit.

Prepaying DSC is always easy, but one needs to remember that it can take up to two days for the prepurchased OBC to appear - if one relies for that only on their spending budget, the first day or two might be a drag without any funds on the account.

I have family that wants to purchase the Gift Certs for me...we don't drink and we are bringing soda onboard. We have 1 excursion that only takes cash. I figured if they can be used towards the Auto tips, then that is less of my money I need to use :D

Thanks guys!

This will be my 1st cruise on NCL (I have 11 on Carnival). Wondering what day the auto tips are charged on a 7 day Alaska on the Pearl?

Carnival varies by ship...some on the third day some on the last day. As I do a cash account, I just wondered when to have that extra in.

Thanks in advance!

They appear on your account daily.