Nedd recommendations boat/snorkel/beach with grandchildren age 4-15

maryh307

DH and I will be with GC& daughter ranging from age 4 to 15. The 12 and 15 yr. old gc would like to snorkel. Has anyone done a tour possibly with glassbottom boat that will dock at a beach for 4 year old to play at water's edge while older GC, DH and I can snorkel. Daughter will stay with the 4 year old. The Celebrity excursion has a 1 1/2 hour glass bottom boat but no stop. There is an Ultimate Catamaran Swim, Sail and Snorkel but must be competent swimmers, which 4 yr old is not.

I did ck the independent Fantasea sightseeing and snorkel tour but it starts from age 5. They anchor in 3 feet of water for play in shallow waters or you can snorkel. This is the type of tour we would like to do. Has anyone been on the Fantasea sightseeing and snorkel tour in the past? Would you recommend it and did you see small children on the boat?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

We have done this one three times, and it is wonderful http://www.restlessnative.bm/gallery/index.php?level=collection&id=2. As you will see from the photo gallery on their site, when they stop the boat to snorkle, it is in shallow water, and you can take the little one even closer to the small beach there, while the others snorkle further out. You will also love the home-baked cookies they bake right there on the catameran.

We had done the Restlessnative excursion last year when it was just the older gc, dh and I. Daughter, her husband and little one didn't come on the curise last year. I was hoping for a different location and a glass bottom boat so the 4 year old could see the fish. The restlessnative excursion is certainly an option but would like to try something different.

I don't know anything about the Devil's Island excursion. Is this a nice beach area for a little one not ready to snorkel?

Thanks for the recommendations.

I think it is hard to find something that will work for both the 12+ and the 5 year old. We are going later in the summer and would love to find something that our girls can do and DH and I can enjoy as well. I was a bit leery of doing the ones where they dock in the 3ft of water. Before having kids I used to do a lot of various catamaran trips and many of them did that. While the beach was fine - getting there was hard for some of the people on board. The water where they dock was sometimes a big rough - and I couldn't imagine trying to carry a 5 year old to the beach on some of those trips.

If you find a good glass bottom boat trip you like please come back and let me know we are going this summer and I would love to try to take the girls on one.

We had done the Restlessnative excursion last year when it was just the older gc, dh and I. Daughter, her husband and little one didn't come on the curise last year. I was hoping for a different location and a glass bottom boat so the 4 year old could see the fish. The restlessnative excursion is certainly an option but would like to try something different.

I don't know anything about the Devil's Island excursion. Is this a nice beach area for a little one not ready to snorkel?

Thanks for the recommendations.

I have not been there yet but go to you tube and search for 9 Beaches and you can see what the area looks like. The resort itself is closed for renovations. this excursion does not include a glass bottom boat though.

Archived