Best Points Bang for Credit Card Final Payment

Not sure what credit cards you have to answer that. If you have a winter cruise why is your final payment due so early? I have another month before my November one.

If you have a few months watch AMEX. Some of their cards (i.e. blue everyday) run an RCCL offer occasionally. i.e. Spend $350 and get $75 statement credit.

Not sure what credit cards you have to answer that. If you have a winter cruise why is your final payment due so early? I have another month before my November one.

If you have a few months watch AMEX. Some of their cards (i.e. blue everyday) run an RCCL offer occasionally. i.e. Spend $350 and get $75 statement credit.

They recently increased the final payment date to 90 days, so that might explain the early date. Our cruise in January has a final payment in early October.

As for credit cards, a lot of the ones I know of with special cruise deals require the full booking to have been made with the card. Discover has a 5% cash back but you have to do the initial booking with their travel department to qualify, and in my experience they always find a way to weasel out of paying it. We did it for two cruises and both times they said the agreement was nullified when we got a price drop.

The card I am currently using for my cruises is the Citi Double Cash card, flat rate 2% cash back on all purchases, compared to 1.1% for my Bank of America card and 1% for the rest of my cash back cards.

Is there an annual fee for that one?

Yes but you only need to spend like $3,000 a year on the card to cover the fee and if your not spending a lot more than that annually then it's not really worth worrying about rewards on cards to begin with.

If you belong to COSTCO, they recently dropped AMERICAN EXPRESS and issued everyone a CITI Card (I think it's a VISA card) that can be used anywhere. It pays 3% for travel. However, as with the previous AMEX card, the rebate is issued once a year; I believe in February.

Final payment for my winter B2B will be coming up soon. Any advice on which credit card to use in order to maximize my credit card points? Thanks.

You have to ask the carrier/s of your credit card/s the rewards for your card type, then compare which is best to use.

I would use a cc like Chase Sapphire that provides some trip insurance as long as you put a portion of the trip cost on the card. It's not the most comprehensive but it's better than nothing if you don't purchase insurance. Does not cover medical, only trip cancellation/interruption, for specified reasons.