Beverage Packages - Live now!

6502programmer

I have the beverage packages showing up on "My Celebrity". Everything is as was described, but what's surprising is that the $22 per night "frozen drink" package looks like the real deal. $22 doesn't appear to be for "mocktails" with a lot more for the same with alcohol. There's a dropdown list on the page for alcoholic / non-alcoholic, with the latter only showing the water and soda packages.

Celebrity is now offering all-inclusive drink packages priced per voyage - sign into My Celebrity - Manage Reservations - Beverage Packages - to find the cost for your particular sailing.

Bottled Water Package: Refresh your thirst from our selection of both still and sparkling bottled water, including Evian® and Pelligrino®.

Fountain Soda Package: Enjoy Coca-Cola® products from your complimentary souvenir cup for the duration of your cruise.

Beer Package: Enjoy a cold Heineken®, refreshing Samuel Adams®, or choose from many other domestic and imported beers when you purchase a Beer Package.

Liquor Package: Our Liquor Packages provide the ultimate in convenience for all tastes. Choose from our Classic or Premium Package based on your own preference and desire.

Taste of the Vineyards Package: Experience Celebrity's superb wine collection throughout your cruise. Taste of the Vineyards offers a variety of international wines that will meet your tastes and preferences.

Frozen Drinks Package: Pay one price for an unlimited variety of frozen margaritas, daiquiris, pina coladas and frozen drink specials available at all bars throughout your ship.

Stateroom Bar Setup: Enjoy your favorite bottle of spirits, with an assortment of mixers and ice bucket, in the comfort of your stateroom. Choices include Classic and Premium brands. Simply indicate the spirit of your choice and let Celebrity take care of the rest.

Riedel Wine Glass Comparative Workshop: Attend Riedel's Wine Glass Comparative Workshop onboard Celebrity. In this unique workshop, you'll taste different varieties and learn how the shape of a glass affects the experience of every sip.

Celebrity Equinox, on 12/14/2009.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! ONE MONTH!!!!1111!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!! :) We've been planning this since last September. I'm just a titch excited!

We are leaving Nov 30 on the Solstice and just like you can't wait!:)

Good luck. I took a look at the offerings for my sailing and I need a good drink after seeing the prices. Bottled water pkg $162: beer pkg $440+ OMG. I do not think my kindeys or bladder would survive the amount of liquids I would need to consume to justify those prices. Interesting the wine pkg's did not mention what this was, I assume x number of bottles but I did not notice anywhere where it stated the actual number. I guess I will just have to be satisfied with the evening freebees.

The beer package for my cruise(Summit in Feb) showed a cost of about $240, plus 15% tip and most likely tax also. I figured it would be more than $300 for the seven days. Thats about $43 per day and at an average of $6 a beer, thats around 7 beers a day.....I think I'd rather buy a "bucket" at a time and share.....The rules say only one beer per order and you can't share the card.

Cheers

The beer package for my cruise(Summit in Feb) showed a cost of about $240, plus 15% tip and most likely tax also. I figured it would be more than $300 for the seven days. Thats about $43 per day and at an average of $6 a beer, thats around 7 beers a day.....I think I'd rather buy a "bucket" at a time and share.....The rules say only one beer per order and you can't share the card.

Cheers

The rules state that package prices include the 15%...not sure about tax though.

Had a look at my PKG . Priced in canadian dollars for a beer Pkg its $600.00 I think they are crazy .I would be floating and wouldn't need a ship if i drank that much

Sorry i made an error . The beer pkg is 400.00 the liquor pkg is 600.00

The wine pkgs do not say how many bottles for the price either .

Interesting the wine pkg's did not mention what this was, I assume x number of bottles but I did not notice anywhere where it stated the actual number.

I was wondering the same thing. I noticed when I clicked through it did list the wine selection for the two different packages. I'm guessing you are entitled to pick X # of bottles as the fine print states a savings of either 5% or 10% off the regular price.

The Sommelier's Package

*Package pricing represents a savings of 5% off regular list prices.

Sparkling Wines

Prosecco, Fantinel

White Wines

Riesling, Essence SA Prum Germany

Chardonnay, Wente, Riva Ranch, Livermore Valley

Gruner Veltliner Strasslertaler, Austria

Pinot Grigio, Bertani, Italy

Fume Blanc, Murphy Goode, Sonoma

Rose Wines

Jean Luc Colombo

Red Wines

Pinot Noir, Mark West Sonoma

Zinfandel, Renwood Red Label

Merlot, Calina, Chile

Tempranillo, Condesa de Leganza, Spain

Cabernet Sauvignon, Hayes Ranch,Livermore Valley

The Captain's Package

*Package pricing represents a savings of 10% off regular list prices.

Sparkling Wines

Taittinger, Domaine Carneros

White Wines

Chardonnay, Cambria Katherine Vineyard, Santa Barbara Albarino Paco and Lola, Spain

Pinot Gris, Kim Crawford, New Zealand

Pinot Grigio, Borgo Tesis, Fantinel, Italy

Sauvignon Blanc, Chateau Ste. Michelle Horse Heaven

Gewurtzraminer, Leon Beyer, Alsace

Red Wines

Cabernet Sauvignon, Murphy Goode, Alexander Valley

Pinot Noir, Byron, Santa Maria

Syrah, Kinton, Santa Maria Valley, California

Chateau Castera Medoc, France

Zeta Z Priorat

Merlot, Borgo Tesis, Fantinel, Italy

Tenuta Arceno Prima Voce, Tuscany

Has anyone ever who has sailed on Celebrity before ever opted to bring their own water and soda? Based on the prices that I am seeing for the packages, I can't justify paying that much for water and soda.

I just wanted to get ideas from those of you who have sailed before.

Thanking you in advance,

Why don't they do a wine package like the others (beer, frozen drinks, etc) and just offer house wines by the glass unlimited? Just doesn't make sense, most wine drinkers are not total wine snobs...lol...they could offer house merlot, cab and chardonnay....just a thought

DH is a diabetic and drinks crystal light, plain water and the odd diet drink (NOT FOUNTAIN SODA). I was told by a Celebrity agent that we were not allowed to bring water or sodas onboard unless we had a doctor's note stating he was diabetic. C'mon..... give me a break!

Yes you can bring your own water and soda onboard, which is definitely cheaper. You can get 3 cases of ozarka water for the price of one day of evian, etc water on the ship.

Just tried to view on 'manage my reservations' but still showed not availabe.

Problem I am having with the intented program, which I appreciate that Celebrity is making the effort, is that it appears to make an of assumption that for most people is not what most people do from the previous posts I have read.

To me, Celebrity assumed based on the pricing:

1) I will only drink the package I choose, thus to be cost effective I would not balance out my alchol choice. ( for me, I like beer during day, sometimes a sweet liquior drink by the pool; pre-dinner I enjoy Martini's many times in a lounge, with wine at dinner and then back to beer or another liquior drink or continue with wine.)

2) I am going to drink so much of it each day and they have priced it out based on that maximum being drunk each day. To me that sure encourages over drinking.

I think a better way would have been to sell some pre paid packages, like a 10 beer package, a 20 beer package that reflect a discount when prepurchasing vs buying onboard one at a time. This would also solve the matter of me wanting to get 2 beers/2 martinis/2 glasses of wine at one time.

I personally, at times, have bought a couple of beers and taken back cabin and put in refrigerator. Can't do that easy for wine and liquior drinks though, but would seem to not be allowed under this program.

Just my quick thoughts based on the pricing and other items I am reading.

Why don't they do a wine package like the others (beer, frozen drinks, etc) and just offer house wines by the glass unlimited? Just doesn't make sense, most wine drinkers are not total wine snobs...lol...they could offer house merlot, cab and chardonnay....just a thought

That's what I said a few posts ago... I think this would be a fabulous idea. It would be great for them also because most wine drinkers aren't really pouring them down all day long. I would love to just get a sticker on my card and be able to go into any bar and just grab a glass of wine each night... then again at the dining table. Especially if they had 4 or 5 different types of house reds and whites that you could sample as you wish. It would be great!

Based on my calculations the Captains wine package works out to about $50 per bottle before gratuity. I did a search and found a Celebrity wine list from a couple months back and discovered that there are at least 5 bottles of wine of type Cabernet, Merlot, Chardonnay etc. priced well under $50. I enjoy wine with dinner each night but also like something cost effective so I don't think I will be buying this package.

Archived