Carry off luggage?

Tahina cruising

I am sailing on the Summit in 13 days :D Do they have the carry your own luggage off for getting off of the ship? My friend has an earlier flight than I do but I was going to get a day pass at a hotel so want to get there as early as I can. Thank you for any help.

We were on Solstice recently, and they did have express disembarkation, where you carries your own luggage ashore. We docked at 700am in port evergaldes, disembarkation started at 730am, and we were at the curb waiting for our driver by 740am. We made a 940am flight with plenty time to spare.

NK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am sailing on the Summit in 13 days :D Do they have the carry your own luggage off for getting off of the ship? My friend has an earlier flight than I do but I was going to get a day pass at a hotel so want to get there as early as I can. Thank you for any help.

We were on Solstice recently, and they did have express disembarkation, where you carries your own luggage ashore. We docked at 700am in port evergaldes, disembarkation started at 730am, and we were at the curb waiting for our driver by 740am. We made a 940am flight with plenty time to spare.

NK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guess I am confused. THe Summit sails out of San Juan and the Solstice sails out of Fort Laurderdal, doesn't it. Not sure how this info will help them.

Laura

You can, if you wish, carry your own luggage off any of the Celebrity ships. Just do not put it out at night and carry it down to the disembarkation place when you wish to leave the ship. It is a great option for early flights out if your luggage is not too heavy

You can, if you wish, carry your own luggage off any of the Celebrity ships. Just do not put it out at night and carry it down to the disembarkation place when you wish to leave the ship. It is a great option for early flights out if your luggage is not too heavy

Amen!!! We did that and you need to get in line on the level for exit very early!!! If you are early, it works really great!!!

Just thought I'd chime in here. I disembarked the Millennium in San Diego about a year and a half ago & they would not allow us to carry our own luggage off...We were told that was imposed by the port itself. San Diego must be unique in this regard, as we've carried luggage off of every other cruise on both Princess & X.

Just thought I'd chime in here. I disembarked the Millennium in San Diego about a year and a half ago & they would not allow us to carry our own luggage off...We were told that was imposed by the port itself. San Diego must be unique in this regard, as we've carried luggage off of every other cruise on both Princess & X.

San Juan was the same way that was why I was questioning it.

Laura

On the 3/10 sailing from San Juan, Celebrity did not officially offer or endorse the "carry your own" option. It was not on an option on the disembarkation questionnaire and was discouraged by ship's personnel when asked. I was told that it could create issues with customs. There were likely some people who did it anyways, but it was not a common choice on our sailing.

When I called Celebrity Travel Planners two different times with various questions I posed the carry your bags question & one person said "yes" and the next time a different agent said "no" - 2 different answers from the same dept! What hotel is your day pass at? I was considering this option and having trouble getting details. I'm on the same cruise as you.

There are a couple of threads in progress that are specific to the port of San Juan indicating that the self-disembark option may not be available at this port. It is generally available, but perhaps not at this port at this time. This may be the source of some of the confusion on the part of the Celebrity CSR's.

I'm going to try for a day pass at the Marriott Stellaris. We are staying there pre-cruise so I was going to ask about it then. My flight leaves at 3:10 but now with reading posts about not carrying off your own luggage, I don't know if it would be worth it. Maybe I'll just take my time getting off of the ship and to the airport. My friend's flight leaves at 11:25am. Does anyone know if there is somewhere to get a drink at the airport?

I'm going to try for a day pass at the Marriott Stellaris. We are staying there pre-cruise so I was going to ask about it then. My flight leaves at 3:10 but now with reading posts about not carrying off your own luggage, I don't know if it would be worth it. Maybe I'll just take my time getting off of the ship and to the airport. My friend's flight leaves at 11:25am. Does anyone know if there is somewhere to get a drink at the airport?

My flight doesn't leave until 5 pm but I decided against the day pass because I read elsewhere on here that it's quite expensive & not worth it for such short time. You're lucky to be staying pre-cruise. I usually do that & wanted to this time but since I booked this cruise last minute I couldn't get flights from CT so have to travel from Newark. This means my pre-and post-cruise is at Newark airport instead of San Juan.:( It's lucky I used Choice Air because my flight arrives 4:00 pm so will be getting to ship late which I'm stressed about & will never do it this way again. They keep reassuring me I'll be fine so I have to try not worrying about it, esp since there's nothing I can do about it. I'll be missing muster drill & will have to attend a make-up drill which I hope isn't scheduled the same time as the Connections party! Hope to see you there:)

Archived