Grandeur cruisers: Baltimore parking fee increase!

TPKeller

Bad news from Baltimore... I just found out that they raised their parking fees for this year.

Passenger Cars - $13.00 per day

Recreational Vehicles - $25.00 per day

Busses - $35.00 per day

This is very frustrating... to me, even $10 per day is not reasonable, but doesn't cross the threshold to find an alternative... $13 is simply ridiculous.

Norfolk's BRAND NEW state of the art cruise terminal doesn't have on-site parking but they shuttle you for free, and they are still only charging $10 per day. And they also take credit cards.

Theron

Bad news from Baltimore... I just found out that they raised their parking fees for this year.

Busses - $35.00 per day

This is very frustrating... to me, even $10 per day is not reasonable, but doesn't cross the threshold to find an alternative... $13 is simply ridiculous.

Norfolk's BRAND NEW state of the art cruise terminal doesn't have on-site parking but they shuttle you for free, and they are still only charging $10 per day. And they also take credit cards.

Does anyone know of any reasonable alternative parking possibilities for Baltimore?

Theron

That's a bummer for the local and drive-in cruisers. Still, it sure beats the airfare I've paid for all my cruises. Hope enough people complain about a 30% increase, that it'll get lowered.

Our last cruise was on Grandeur out of Baltimore. Loved the ship and the port. :)

Busses - $35.00 per day

Theron

OUCH!!

Are there hotels in that area that offer a stay and cruise package? My upcoming PT Canaveral cruise I have a room at Radisson the night before that includes shuttle and parking for the week $99. Makes it easier to swallow!

At least Baltimore did not leave it at $10 and add a $3 fuel charge:D

The cash only part at Baltimore also is very disappointing....Join the 20th century ..............at least.

Wow, it's just shocking to hear that fees are on the increase in Maryland.:rolleyes: ***major sarcasm***

If they can squeeze another nickel out of us, they'll try. Welcome to the Peoples Republic of Maryland.:(

Those are good ones -- I couldn't agree more with you!!!!:D

Busses - $35.00 per day

Does anyone know of any reasonable alternative parking possibilities for Baltimore?

Theron

BWI Airport long term parking is $8 or $9 per day but they have coupons once in a while on BWI's website. You would have to catch SuperShuttle to the pier though. It would probably be less money for the 9 day cruise but not for the 5 day cruises. I agree that $10 or $13 is way too much.

Originally from Baltimore and live in Western Maryland now, but compared to what I pay around the Inner Harbor, $13.00 is cheap. Went to the Harbor for a day awhile back and parking at the Gallery was $20.00.

Parking around the Inner Harbor is expensive. Paid $20.00 to park at the Gallery awhile back for the day. Being from Maryland, I just want to tell the people from out of state, don't bother writing to the state complaining about the increase. They don't even listen to there own citizens, let alone tourist who can't vote here. So welcome to the state, spend some money, but don't dare light up a cigarette:)LOL

Parking around the Inner Harbor is expensive. Paid $20.00 to park at the Gallery awhile back for the day. Being from Maryland, I just want to tell the people from out of state, don't bother writing to the state complaining about the increase. They don't even listen to there own citizens, let alone tourist who can't vote here. So welcome to the state, spend some money, but don't dare light up a cigarette:)LOL

I'm sure you are correct, but what I can do is point out to the hundreds of thousands of Cruise Critic members and visitors that for many of them Norfolk is almost as close, and in some ways a far easier drive, with cheaper parking and a much nicer, brand new cruise terminal! :)

Theron

$13.00 a day! wowie I am from NY sign me up! Its all relative. Downtown Baltimore must have cheap parking. Its 24.00 a day at the cruise terminal in Manhattan....and that is cheap for Manhattan.

$30/day now...

• 4 weeks later...

I know $13/day for parking isn't going to break the bank, and it's so convenient, but the cruise fares are already so much higher for Baltimore than for other ports. Oh well, I guess it's the usual supply-and-demand. I'll certainly give Norfolk a longer look next time.

• 1 month later...

Norfolk can be a 4-hour+ drive from Baltimore. :confused:

IMO, $13/day is a non-issue. ;)

I'm sure you are correct, but what I can do is point out to the hundreds of thousands of Cruise Critic members and visitors that for many of them Norfolk is almost as close, and in some ways a far easier drive, with cheaper parking and a much nicer, brand new cruise terminal! :)Theron

Norfolk can be a 4-hour+ drive from Baltimore. :confused:

IMO, $13/day is a non-issue. ;)

:) But for the hundreds of thousands of people who live in between.... it's a very viable option.

Theron

• 6 months later...
According to their website. Pt. Canaveral is $15.00 a day.

http://www.portcanaveral.org/cruising/parking.php

Parking at POB is now $15.00 pay but the take credit card, travelers checks or cash. See link below for latest details. May still be a bargin compared to other close by parking.

http://www.cruisemaryland.com/cruises/page6a_directions.htm

• 2 weeks later...
I know $13/day for parking isn't going to break the bank, and it's so convenient, but the cruise fares are already so much higher for Baltimore than for other ports. Oh well, I guess it's the usual supply-and-demand. I'll certainly give Norfolk a longer look next time.

Don't bother.... we live here and have yet to cruise out of Half Moone because of the overinflated prices. It is cheaper for us to cruise out of FL, including the cost of airfare and overnight hotel than it is to cruise out of Norfolk. Plus the only lines that come here are RCI and Carnival. Since we are limited to school breaks (winter and spring Breaks and summer) it tends to be outrageous pricewise. Plus we prefer Princess and NCL.

We are actually looking at the NCL Majesty next August to Bermuda out of Baltimore.

$13.00 a day! wowie I am from NY sign me up! Its all relative. Downtown Baltimore must have cheap parking. Its 24.00 a day at the cruise terminal in Manhattan....and that is cheap for Manhattan.

Just another reason not to live in the NYC area.

I think Microtel BWI might be worth a try for longer cruises. On the Microtel website they list a special at $89 including 10 days parking, but with shuttle to the airport, not the port. Wonder if they might be persuaded to shuttle in the port direction.

Just another reason not to live in the NYC area.

I think Microtel BWI might be worth a try for longer cruises. On the Microtel website they list a special at $89 including 10 days parking, but with shuttle to the airport, not the port. Wonder if they might be persuaded to shuttle in the port direction.

this was an old post. The NY port was raised to $30. Yes where land is less expensive they charge less. The point was that $15 a day isn't that bad or that unusual frankly.

Archived