Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Ask a Cruise Question Post your general cruise questions here.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Changing my dates

My family and I are supposed to be cruising on RCL next week. We did not purchase the insurance and now we may have to cancel because of my husband's job. Can anyone tell me if RCL will let us change the dates or will we just be out the cost of the cruise and have to cancel?

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM
10,000+ Club

As a general rule you can't change dates and will have to cancel. Since you're asking about a Royal Caribbean cruise, and since each cruise line has their own cancellation provisions, you should post your question on the Royal Caribbean board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83 .

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewife351 View Post
My family and I are supposed to be cruising on RCL next week. We did not purchase the insurance and now we may have to cancel because of my husband's job. Can anyone tell me if RCL will let us change the dates or will we just be out the cost of the cruise and have to cancel?

You'll probably will be out the cost of the cruise but suggest you post your question on the RCCL forum. However it would just be best to call RCCL directly.

For what it's worth when I was working and the company required me to cancel my vacation at the last minutes I was reimbursed for my losses by the company. Is that an option ????

Last edited by xxoocruiser; February 2nd, 2013 at 09:48 AM.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Unfortunately, you are out the cost. At this point there will be no refund. Perhaps you should go without your husband?

Old February 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Cool Cruiser

If it makes you feel any better, insurance probably would not have covered you unless you had cancel for any reason insurance.

I would consider going without my husband and possibly taking a close relative or friend. It will make him feel better and he should be busy working anyway. If you do this, make sure you tell your travel agent and cruise line ahead of time since the names have to be in order.

Also, if you are not going and you tell the cruise line you might get back port fees. (although that is just a guess).

Old February 2nd, 2013, 01:39 PM
Cool Cruiser

Agree for the most part with the prior posts but would suggest to cehck with the cruise line directly to confirm your options if any. Then if it is use it or loses it, consider traveling with a close friend or family member.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Old February 2nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
5,000+ Club

Can someone go in you husband's place? It won't be the same without him, but you could still go.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Celebrity Silhouette (Eastern) 3/29/14, Carnival Valor (Southern girls' cruise) 7/21/13, Celebrity Summit (Southern) 3/30/13, Vision of the Seas (Southern 11 day) 12/24/12, Ruby Princess (Eastern) 4/3/11, Serenade of the Seas 4/3/10 (Southern), Carnival Valor (Western) 2/14/10, Adventure OTS 6/28/09 (Southern to the West), Mariner 3/30/08 (Eastern), Serenade 4/7/07 & 4/8/06 (Southern to the east), RCI Splendour (Western) 3/25/05, Celebrity Century (Eastern) 3/20/04, Celebrity Horizon (Eastern) 4/03, Golden Princess (Eastern) 3/30/02, RCI Grandeur (Southern to the west) 4/14/01, Carnival Holiday (Western) 3/28/92

Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

We have changed our cruise dates twice. The 1st time was after a hurricane hit us on the NC coast. Think it was Fran. We explained our situation and were able to cruise the next month on same ship.
This fall we were booked on a 5 day Bahamas cruise on Carnival's Fantasy. A few weeks before the sail date we decided we'd rather be on their 7 day cruise. We were able to switch and of course pay the difference.
Explain whats happened and see if you can just switch dates. Good Luck!
Regency
Premier
Cape Canaveral Cruises
Carnival
Royal Caribean
NCL
Celebrity
Princess
Costa

Old February 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks!

Thanks for all the response and thankfully we will not have to worry about this issue. Thanks to his union rep he was able to get the time off!

Old February 4th, 2013, 01:02 PM
5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewife351 View Post
thanks for all the response and thankfully we will not have to worry about this issue. Thanks to his union rep he was able to get the time off!
:d
hooray!!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Celebrity Silhouette (Eastern) 3/29/14, Carnival Valor (Southern girls' cruise) 7/21/13, Celebrity Summit (Southern) 3/30/13, Vision of the Seas (Southern 11 day) 12/24/12, Ruby Princess (Eastern) 4/3/11, Serenade of the Seas 4/3/10 (Southern), Carnival Valor (Western) 2/14/10, Adventure OTS 6/28/09 (Southern to the West), Mariner 3/30/08 (Eastern), Serenade 4/7/07 & 4/8/06 (Southern to the east), RCI Splendour (Western) 3/25/05, Celebrity Century (Eastern) 3/20/04, Celebrity Horizon (Eastern) 4/03, Golden Princess (Eastern) 3/30/02, RCI Grandeur (Southern to the west) 4/14/01, Carnival Holiday (Western) 3/28/92