Single men, on which ship and when are you going?

Mahalia40

David, a man in a kilt. Now that's a visual that might just bother me at work today;).

Seriously, November is a very busy month at work so I can't go. Maybe next time? Let me know.

I'm planning for January or February

Have a great day!

Mahalia, you should consider a singles group cruise. There are two main companies that do them - just google singles cruises. I have been on five of them and am going on another one in January - on the Oasis of the Seas. They are a great way to meet other singles and you are guaranteed not to be the only single on the ship.

CruisinChaos, I have considered a singles cruise but I find myself slightly intimidated by them. Don't know why since I have never been on one. Maybe because I'm recently single.

The Oasis is a ship I would like to sail that is for sure.

Rondb, that is the problem I don't know yet! I have been on Carnival, NCL, RCCL. All different experience. All the other cruise were not solo cruises. I know I will be pretty happy with any cruise since I will be on vacation. Mostly I plan on doing a lot of nothing, reading, meeting people (and enjoying the food along with some good wine).

• 2 weeks later...
Don't want to be the only single on my next cruise. My grandma used to say that the best way to get what you want is to ask for it. So I am:).

I'm thinking on going on my first single/solo cruise in January or February.

Hey Mahalia40, I'm sailing solo on the Oasis, Feb 26, 2011...If you're looking for a good time, I believe RC is the cruise to choose--lol. This will be my second with RC, after having sailed with Carnival and Celebrirty.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

On TLC last night they had an hour long show on the Oasis. Looks like an awesome choice! Since I have a 6 year old son I have to make arrangments with my ex for the week I want to go away so I'm not set on the date yet. The Oasis makes me a bit anxious for a first solo cruise. Friends tell me it's hard to meet people on bigger ships. Not that I mind being on my own for a week (I'm fun to be around:)).

I have been on RCL 4 times before and each cruise was wonderful but never solo.

Which RCL ship were you on before?

I'm a single 28F sailing on Celebrity Summit on 11/13/10... is anyone sailing with me?? :) Hopefully I'm not the only solo traverler on the ship! haha

You are not alone. I am a single 47M and I am on this cruise trip as a break from work. I am solo as well.

I am soooooo ready to get this started!

I'll see you there!

Kevin

Edited by ZeusLA

Don't want to be the only single on my next cruise. My grandma used to say that the best way to get what you want is to ask for it. So I am:).

I'm thinking on going on my first single/solo cruise in January or February.

Great post (and idea!!!) Mahalia! Wish I would have thought of it :rolleyes:

I'm F/35 and while I won't be alone (traveling with a friend, F/40) it would be nice to hang out with some single people rather than couples. We'll be on NCL Spirit May 1, 2011!

You are not alone. I am a single 47M and I am on this cruise trip as a break from work. I am solo as well.

I am soooooo ready to get this started!

I'll see you there!

Kevin

yay! we set sail 2 weeks from tomorrow :) I can't wait!!!

David, a man in a kilt. Now that's a visual that might just bother me at work today;).

Seriously, November is a very busy month at work so I can't go. Maybe next time? Let me know.

I'm planning for January or February

Have a great day!

The Nov choice was my Sister, She booked it because there son is out of school that week. I will have my own cabin despite other family going along, However im open to meet other people. Im only going to see my family during dinner or couple times day during cruise.

The next cruise I take may be around Sept, Oct 2011. At least by then my Nephew will be out of school and in college and my family wont have "kids" to control there schedule. Unless I decide to truly go alone. Which I probably will.