Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Stephen,

That's the new espresso machine I see. Do you know if it also made cappuccino? Did you like it better than the old machine?

Thanks!

Harriet

Hi Harriet,

Lots of people like the Nespresso, but Daniel preferred the Lavazza. The Nespresso does NOT do cappucino.

Stephen

Hi Harriet,

Lots of people like the Nespresso, but Daniel preferred the Lavazza. The Nespresso does NOT do cappucino.

Stephen

Thank you Stephen. My husband has the Lavazza at our house and the Nespresso at our office. We us an attachment that can be purchased by Nespresso to froth the milk for cappuccino. I think I'll pack it for the cruise as I don't drink espresso but do like a cappuccino.

Harriet

Our friends had the aft haven suite 9196 (port corner suite) for the both the Hamburg to South Hampton and then on to Miami cruise. We were next door for the fist two days in 9194. They love the same aft suite on the Away ships and have sailed in it many times before, but they were totally disappointed at how the cut back the balcony, room size and especially how they changed the bathroom on the Escape. They definitely will not do the Escape again, only the Getaway aft haven suites.

Our friends had the aft haven suite 9196 (port corner suite) for the both the Hamburg to South Hampton and then on to Miami cruise. We were next door for the fist two days in 9194. They love the same aft suite on the Away ships and have sailed in it many times before, but they were totally disappointed at how the cut back the balcony, room size and especially how they changed the bathroom on the Escape. They definitely will not do the Escape again, only the Getaway aft haven suites.

The balcony on deck 9 H6 is the largest aft balcony on that ship (GA) and is larger than any H6 balcony on Escape.

The bathroom configuration that they like is on Escape (decks 11 and 14) but the balcony is obviously smaller than deck 9 on GA and deck 9 on Escape.

If they like huge balcony with the bathroom configuration that they prefer, their choices are BA/GA deck 9 or BA/GA deck 12.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

We stayed at the Intercontinental Miami last week for 1 night for an event. Had a PERFECT view of the ships, room was amazing and staff incredible. Perfect location to walk to the outdoor mall too (bayside I think).. highly recommend.

I concur, have stayed at this hotel as well. Great view to the port, Starbucks and Alamo car rental in the lobby.

Found a great secret hotel deal at LMT

I guess I don't get the problem with the size of the aft Penthouse balconies. We have an Escape aft PH deck 11, the version with the bath and shower by the balcony. The balcony size and depth appears fine. What does one need ? I don't plan on having a cocktail party or reception out there. What are your other choices ? Forward PHs have a very small side balcony, same with most of the Havens. The only other larger balconies unless I am mistaken are the Owners and Deluxe Owners Suites. Also with an aft PH you have aft and side views. Not a big deal to me about aft PH balcony size. :) Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

I guess I don't get the problem with the size of the aft Penthouse balconies. We have an Escape aft PH deck 11, the version with the bath and shower by the balcony. The balcony size and depth appears fine. What does one need ? I don't plan on having a cocktail party or reception out there. What are your other choices ? Forward PHs have a very small side balcony, same with most of the Havens. The only other larger balconies unless I am mistaken are the Owners and Deluxe Owners Suites. Also with an aft PH you have aft and side views. Not a big deal to me about aft PH balcony size. :) Gerry

Different strokes I guess... I don't know that you'd ever find one thing that people universally cared about or universally didn't. Different things are important to different people. I have an Aft PH booked on the BA in May, and then on the Escape in Dec, so I'll be able to compare first hand. I also wasn't able to fall in love with the BA Aft PH before finding out about the Escape. :D

One thing, I specifically booked the deck 9 Aft PH on the Escape because of the overhang. I was hoping that almost regardless of the angle of the sun, we'd have shaded areas on our balcony since we all prefer the shade. Seeing many of the pictures out there it doesn't look like we'll get that.

So - Margaritaville is now listed on the website as a "specialty restaurant", with no pricing listed. Well THAT didn't take long! :mad:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/Specialty-Dining

Just saw the new pricing on another site. Burgers $6.99, margaritas $10.95, key lime pie $3.99. I was told on the TA that this was going to happen.

Tracy

Just saw the new pricing on another site. Burgers $6.99, margaritas $10.95, key lime pie $3.99. I was told on the TA that this was going to happen.

Tracy

I don't this is a super deal breaker for me. But I'm curious, do you think there is any precedence to grandfather people who booked when Margaritaville was complementary?

Curious to see the effects of UDP/SDP there as well. Anyone have any thoughts?

My issue is not so much charging for Margaritaville food, but rather that a dining venue that provided included meals on the -aways no longer exists and is now replaced with extra charge dining. ...on a ship that carries more people.

Does anyone know if breakfast there is still complementary?

OMG the cheapos are going to freak out. I predict at least 10 more threads about this topic in the near future. My opinion is simple, there are still many more free dining venues around the ship. If Margaritaville cost money and you don't want to pay that money don't go to Margaritaville. Some of you are going to be shocked to hear this but on land Margaritaville cost money too lol.

No longer does cruising offer the best bang for the dollar and NCL is trying to prove that more and more by following the land based resorts. I might as well go stay at Atlantis for the week. lol

I live in FL so cruising still has its advantage but if I was having to get on a plane for every cruise I went on at this point I'd definitely be looking at other AI options for sure.

I've been cruising since '96 and things have really changed over the years in the industry. There was no such thing as pay restaurants back then or a la cart options and the food in the dining rooms was as good if not better then we get in the pay venues now days.

OMG the cheapos are going to freak out. I predict at least 10 more threads about this topic in the near future. My opinion is simple, there are still many more free dining venues around the ship. If Margaritaville cost money and you don't want to pay that money don't go to Margaritaville. Some of you are going to be shocked to hear this but on land Margaritaville cost money too lol.

Many more? Name them big shot. I count...3? And one less than the -away ships?

I sail tomorrow and booked this cruise with the understanding that Margaritaville would be complementary. I am EXTREMELY disappointed. Please save the subject to change discussion. I am still annoyed.

Edited by Sunset Lover 1971

My issue is not so much charging for Margaritaville food, but rather that a dining venue that provided included meals on the -aways no longer exists and is now replaced with extra charge dining. ...on a ship that carries more people.

Good point and excellent question!

The only menu I've seen is the "all day" one posted here. So it's anyone's guess - at this point! :o

On the 14th November sailing it wasn't open for breakfast, opened 12.00 / 4.00 most days.