Shyhova Sails Again! Carnival Victory Photo Review( Jamaica & Grand Cayman) Apr 2014

Shyhova

Hey CruiseCritic!!!....Its your boy Shyhova back again with another photo review. I promise that this is going to be another good review because I am already about to quit in frustration before it even starts lol.

I had my first block of text all typed up pretty and ready togo…introduced myself and gave this great intro about what inspired me to finally get to posting this review and yadda yadda yadda and then….

*bing!*….Blank page…:eek:..Excuse me?...My lovely GF(sitting beside me right now) looks at me and goes “ I was just gonna ask you were you saving as you go?”…Oh you were were you?? As I hit her with the “Are you kidding me? I am about to FLING your raggedy laptop into the fireplace right now!!”face….She just calmly says “ May I suggest you use WORD this time?” UgggHHHH:rolleyes:

Sooo here I am...typing on WORD and I hope this works out or you all will not be getting a review lol.

ANYWAYY…

My name is “B” and I turned 30”hrmph!” 2 days before Embarkation day and this is my second cruise. Those of you who read my first review..” Heyyy there!!!...welcome back”…you all know what you are in store for and those who haven’t can check it out, the links in my signature. I hope that you get what I received from the reviews that I discovered on this site before my first cruise. I hope it is informative, fun and a good read for those who love to cruise…or even those who have no interest in cruising, I hope you enjoy just the same!!

On my first cruise we went with my BeF and his lovely wife, but on this one we would go it alone. My GF has been on 5 cruises( all with Carnival) and as I said before this is my second. So without further ado….My second cruise….aboard the Carnival Victory from Miami to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman!!!

Every review has to start out with a “test” picture so lets get that out the way…..

Me @ the hotel in Miami

IMAG0795_zps6c80538c.jpg

WHoaaaa....That was waaaaay too much Sexy for Cruise Critic....I may have to dial that back!!! I apologize...:p

The time leading up to this cruise went by so slow it seemed. We booked it back in November as sort of a birthday cruise and those 6 months seemed like it took FOREVER….Now a week after the cruise I am ready to book again so fast it isn’t even funny. But alas, April 3rd was finally here and I was faced with the first dilemma of the trip….

IMAG0696_zpsf69a5bfd.jpg

On my first cruise I got to pack anything I wanted...We live in Wilmington, NC on the coast and we cruised the Fantasy out of Charleston, SC and we drove to that port, but this trip we would be catching a flight to Miami out of Raleigh so in order to not pay a baggage fee I had to pack everything into my small roller and my bookbag. :eek:

I'm a shoe guy...I love sneakers and shoes period...I'd walk the lido butt naked with Nikes on if I had to choose between my clothes and my shoes so this was a problem. I took about 66 pairs of shoes with me on the Fantasy so I didn't know what I was going to do.

I somehow managed to get 5 pairs and a weeks worth of clothes in the bag somehow...I think I used Crisco lol...

IMAG0699_zps470c02ee.jpg

IMAG0697_zpsf98d7bac.jpg

So with everything packed up the night before we were ready to head to Raleigh the next morning to catch our flight:)

IMAG0703_zps33607237.jpg

IMAG0707_zpsf78dc55e.jpg

20140404_150310_zps3b806e70.jpg

The weather was beautiful for our entire trip...I was exhausted from the weeks leading up to the cruise so once we got to the airport n Raleigh I was in full vacation mode...

I mustve looked it, because the GF asks me on the plane was I tired...I was like nahh....

5 mins later....

20140404_141906_zpsfa0d99b3.jpg

Idk why people would sneak pictures of people while they sleep...smh:rolleyes:

Welcome back. Hope you had a great cruise. I've been waiting for your review. Start looking for your post since Monday.

The first one was hilarious. Wonder if this one will top it.

Edited by Kfoot

Our room was on the 17th floor and it had a balcony and an awesome view....This was the GF's first time really being in Miami...before she had just flew in, went straight to terminal and got on a ship....

IMAG0717_zps0ee94ec0.jpg

IMAG0718_zps57d8865a.jpg

IMAG0719_zps557b0ad4.jpg

View from the balcony back inside....

IMAG0730_zps80c7d038.jpg

IMAG0724_zpsdb8f8d92.jpg

YES!

I have been wondering when you were going to post your next review!

\\

I was wondering too...lmao

Welcome back. Hope you had a great cruise. I've been waiting for your review. Start looking for your post since Monday.

The first one was hilarious. Wonder if this one will top it.

Hey!!...I hope so. I know one thing for sure...this one already seems like t is going to take FOREVER...I hope you like it.:)

IMAG0727_zpsa054d207.jpg

IMAG0725_zps5b694e05.jpg

Now...let me tell you a story about two of the most clueless people I know lol.

At this point we have not eaten much since breakfast, which is fine because we were kind of waiting to try to find something awesome to eat in Miami. Mind you we had researched restaurants and activities for 6 months at this point. So we set out to find some of the places we had looked at online....

The only problem was both of our cell phones were dangerously low on charge so Google was not of much help at this point but we're in Miami right? We can stroll Biscayne Blvd and enjoy the weather and just "fall" into any of a number of wonderful places so that's what we did.....

An hour and a half later I am almost carrying my GF down Biscayne Blvd....Her shirt has come OFF and she is leaving a sweat trail down the sidewalk....I'm looking around crazy like " Lord, where the hell is Waldo!?!"....And we have made a 5 mile loop around Biscayne Bay looking at each other like " Lets just eat at the hotel restaurant"....

Man....

When I tell you we left the hotel looking like Jay-Z and Beyoncé and came back looking like Weezie and George Jefferson....The concierge looking at us like wth.....

So we go up to the counter like..."maam...is there any other restaurants close to the hotel besides the hotels' restaurant?"

She's like yes...just go through those double doors over there....:mad:

I kid you not...when we walked through those doors....that's ATTACHED TO THE DAMN HOTEL....there was shops...and pubs...and boutiques...and restaurants and grocery stores and more shops...and escalators leading to MORE bars and restaurants......I looked at my GF....and she looked at me....and we liked to picked a fight with somebody on the spot just because!!!

IMAG0788_zps03f02854.jpg

Casablanca...where we would eat lunch....yea...the SAME CASABLANCA that we said " oh boy...I hope we can find this place when we get to Miami"....yea....THAT CASABLANCA!!!....200 freaking Feet from our hotel room!!!

IMAG0772_zps3e90123e.jpg

IMAG0731_zpsd39bdcfa.jpg

20140404_182116_zps783ff16b.jpg

IMAG0733_zpsff4d5f4b.jpg

View from our table....

IMAG0736_zps02ca36d3.jpg

IMAG0787_zps0cc48a05.jpg

The restaurant sits on the water...along with the Marriot and another hotel...and sandwiched in between the hotel is a huge galleria of shops and other restaurants, boutiques, barber shops, salons....basically a mini shopping mall....And you could stay in the hotel and never know it's there if no one tells you to walk through those double doors in the lobby.....

I kept saying out loud...I cant believe this...I cant freaking believe this...WHy wouldn't they TELL US that all this is RIGHT HERE?!?....My GF is shaking her head...She looks at me and hits me with the " You better not tell nobody about this...we running around looking crazy" face....I hit her right back with the "psshh...now you KNOW this going on CC" face.....So we both left it alone lol....

We were both thirsty as heck so we were on our second glass of water when this came out...

20140404_182113_zps85f9f3b7.jpg

Maybe it was the 40 days and nights we spent wandering Biscayne Bay....but I will just give them credit...that was some good @#% crab dip....it was DOA n about 3 minutes....And it was free...I started to ask for more.

We ordered the half size paella and wondered if we could share it...because a full size was $48....the half size was $28.

While waiting on that we ordered the conch fritters....

IMAG0740_zps22e08216.jpg

They were ok....

Then the Paella came out...

IMAG0742_zps5b708bd8.jpg

IMAG0741_zps189b0b27.jpg

The half size was HUUGE...we had to force ourselves to eat it all because there is no fridge in the room for leftovers....

It was pretty tasty...It had scallops...and shrimps...and littleneck clams and calamari and Andouille sausage and some other kind of exotic squid....

I'm sitting there enjoying my food and she looks at me funny and goes..." You gonna just eat Squidward, SpongeBob?"

WHo does that? I'm in exotical Miami....I'm trying to.." do as the romans do"...Yea I'm a collard greens and mac and cheese raised N.C boy, but I was gonna eat this squid cause you know....I'm on vacation...

IMAG0743_zps6c7c4d44.jpg

I couldn't eat Squidward....I couldn't.....thanks babe LoL