Tracy Arm Fjord Excursion -- Millennium

Italy52

Have already posted my question on the Alaska board and now trying here to see if anyone can help.

Has anyone taken Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer (JU76) tour in Juneau sold through the cruise line? If so, how did you like it?

Karen

Loved it. A day of stunning scenery - the Alaska you came to see. The crew was very nice and knowledgeable about the area. Well worth it.

I just received an e-mail from Allen Marine who is the tour operator and it was stated that this tour is only offered on Celebrity's Century --- is this the ship you took?

A few questions please if you don't mind: Was the boat crowded? Did you get close to the glacier(es)?

Karen

Yes, I was on the Century. The boat wasn't crowded at all and I was able to freely move around between the inside and outside decks. How close you get to the glacier is dependent on the ice conditions at the time. On our day the boat was able to go as far as they're legally allowed. There is a restriction for safety due to the calving and pieces of ice coming up from underwater. We were close enough to hear the thundering noise of the ice calving and feel the wave motion after large pieces of ice broke off. Had the great opportunity for photos. I thought it was well worth it even though we also had a great viewing at the Hubbard Glacier on board the Century.

Archived