Do people share drinks packages?

Those prices might be for your local Elks hall but not realistic for any restaurant in bar we visit. Unlimited soda is typically $2.50 - $3.00. Cheapest draft is $4, mixed drink starts at $5.

not here , we don't go the Elks

3 dollar rum and cokes are typical during happy hour . ( 3-7 pm most days)

So are 5 dollar Orange Crushes which are 8-10 non happy hour

Domestic drafts (miller,Coors,Yueling ) are cheaper per mug than soda ( soda usually has free refills), Some places have happy hour pitchers under 5

now for 4 dollars you would get more upscale beer like Sam Adams

5-6 for a micro brew like Evolution or Burley Oak

Chains restaurants charge the prices you cite but we rarely eat at chains .

You get better food and drinks at the local establishments

:cj

Edited by Captain Jake

gf and i are going pn a cruise with my life time bestfriend next year. The guys are all getting drink package which we think is a good deal. My problem is if my girlfriend is in the room and i want to bring her a drink using my card, some people whould say im stealing. I have always brought a drink too the room for her while she is getting dress for dinner.

If you do not tell the bartender that the drink you are ordering is not for you but for someone else who has not paid for the drink package, call it what you want.

If you want someone else to make the call on whether your behavior is appropriate................when you order the drink... be sure and tell the bartender that the drink is not for you but for someone who has not paid for the package.....let the chips fall where they may.

I bet 95% of the people that get the package would rather just pay for two and enjoy going to the bar together instead of being shady and hiding your handoff and then going back for another.

However, I personally have no problem at all if someone cheats the system for a few drinks for their wife while she is getting ready. The way I look at it, Royal has built that cost into the overall cost of the package. I also don't believe for one second that if everyone was suddenly honest Royal would discount that built in cost.

So if we all get (2adults, 3children) some sort of package, kids royal refreshment and mom and dad Royal replenish - and I decide to let my daughter have a bottled water while I have a diet coke - is that also theft?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone is getting a perk they are NOT entitled to. It is stealing.

Please, be an adult, pay the price and quit whining about it.

You know it's not right or you wouldn't be asking about it.

To get something you are not paying for is STEALING, no way around it.

I bet 95% of the people that get the package would rather just pay for two and enjoy going to the bar together instead of being shady and hiding your handoff and then going back for another.

However, I personally have no problem at all if someone cheats the system for a few drinks for their wife while she is getting ready. The way I look at it, Royal has built that cost into the overall cost of the package. I also don't believe for one second that if everyone was suddenly honest Royal would discount that built in cost.

Ah yes.... the man has certainly built in the cost, so its ok to cheat the system. Can't say it? You have no problem with someone stealing.

I have news for you... every brick and mortar (or in this case steel and aluminum) retailer builds into its price for retail theft. And no they probably won't lower the cost if everyone was suddenly honest. So, when you are at home, go ahead, steal from the grocery store, the jewelry store, the news stand, the flower shop.... Since you are ok with it, you certainly don't mind paying for the theft when you buy things.

But, get in line, because you aren't alone. Recent estimates are $39 billion in retail theft annually. Thats $39 billion with a B, not an M.

http://voices.yahoo.com/retail-theft-much-does-cost-you-7011002.html?cat=3

Ah yes.... the man has certainly built in the cost, so its ok to cheat the system. Can't say it? You have no problem with someone stealing.

I have news for you... every brick and mortar (or in this case steel and aluminum) retailer builds into its price for retail theft. And no they probably won't lower the cost if everyone was suddenly honest. So, when you are at home, go ahead, steal from the grocery store, the jewelry store, the news stand, the flower shop.... Since you are ok with it, you certainly don't mind paying for the theft when you buy things.

But, get in line, because you aren't alone. Recent estimates are $39 billion in retail theft annually. Thats $39 billion with a B, not an M.

AMEN!

People who think they are not paying more due to theft are living in a Fool's World

:cj

Do people share? Yes. Many people have admitted to it on this board. The frequently justify, saying that it's so expensive, they don't drink much anyway, etc.

Should they share? No. It is theft.

I bought 1 replenish package. will my kids get a soda from it? Yes.

Bottled water is not included in the Refreshment (soda only) package.

tHe replenish package i think is just sparkling water.. no bottled water... in that. 100 dollars per person for the week is ridiculous. I will refill the cups and get the drinks and if my kids want one they can have one.

tHe replenish package i think is just sparkling water.. no bottled water... in that. 100 dollars per person for the week is ridiculous. I will refill the cups and get the drinks and if my kids want one they can have one.

The Replenish package includes bottles of both still and sparkling water.

gf and i are going pn a cruise with my life time bestfriend next year. The guys are all getting drink package which we think is a good deal. My problem is if my girlfriend is in the room and i want to bring her a drink using my card, some people whould say im stealing. I have always brought a drink too the room for her while she is getting dress for dinner.

Exactlymy thoughts... a few here and there, I see no problem. I shelled out money for the package, and if i get a hot cocoa and the kids wants some, then I will give them some. Share a soda, share a water, share a non alcoholic beverage. What i do with my drink is no ones business. Im not giving alcohol to a minor, so oh well.

I will not lie, my family has shared drink packages numerous times and never had an issue. People do share. As to how prevalent sharing is, I have no idea. Unless you really abuse it, it is near impossible to police. Not advocating it by any means but just giving you an honest answer.

Edited by AEGBRG

The reason I don't care, it's part of life. There is nothing I can do or say that will bring down the cost of my drink package on my next cruise or the one after that. So if my cost won't change, go enjoy that stolen beverage---what do I care. I'm not gonna do it myself, but I also wouldn't care if I saw someone else doing it. So many things to care about in my little world, that's not one of them.

Happy Cruising

Edited by 1992cruiser

The reason I don't care, it's part of life. There is nothing I can do or say that will bring down the cost of my drink package on my next cruise or the one after that. So if my cost won't change, go enjoy that stolen beverage---what do I care. I'm not gonna do it myself, but I also wouldn't care if I saw someone else doing it. So many things to care about in my little world, that's not one of them.

Happy Cruising

So when the cruise line ups the price of package because people are sharing more and more you won't care?? I am betting you would. That's where all of this is going . . .

As usual the acts of a few impact the many.

Thanks for sharing your intent to steal. What do you think you are teaching your children?

most people are good people who teach their children honesty and integrity.

Folks who lack it cannot. Poor parenting is something we have to accept

So when the cruise line ups the price of package because people are sharing more and more you won't care?? I am betting you would. That's where all of this is going . . .

As usual the acts of a few impact the many.

I like to drink, so unless it went up by quite a bit, I'm still getting a deal. If it got too expensive, I just would find something else to do or not drink as much and pay per drink. Either are fine with me. You are correct though about the acts of a few impacting the many, but it's like that in every aspect of life.

In day to day life, I might go find a store manager if I saw something, but on a cruise---I'm there to relax, not be the drink police. That's why I said I don't care if someone shares a drink package. I would simply think to myself, I'm glad I'm not the one doing that and enjoy my tasty beverage.

So when you go into the terribly overpriced gift shop and purchase something do you tell the kids to slip a few small items into their pockets? After all, you did spend money there. You are really a stellar example of a parent. Kids learn by example.

Someone is getting a perk they are NOT entitled to. It is stealing.

Please, be an adult, pay the price and quit whining about it.

You know it's not right or you wouldn't be asking about it.

To get something you are not paying for is STEALING, no way around it.

I'm sorry for your poor reading comprehension - everyone IS purchasing a package. That I am paying for. Me. So if I get a water for myself and afterwards my child would rather have the water than the soda on her refreshment package we can trade. It is not stealing. Both drinks were purchased with money from my pocket. Therefore stop pretending you understood my question, let alone the tone of it. I hope you didn't type up that response during work hours because that's stealing.

So when you go into the terribly overpriced gift shop and purchase something do you tell the kids to slip a few small items into their pockets? After all, you did spend money there. You are really a stellar example of a parent. Kids learn by example.

I never let my kids near those overpriced gift shops ! Daylight Robbery !!!

Edited by Adayatatime

I'm sorry for your poor reading comprehension - everyone IS purchasing a package. That I am paying for. Me. So if I get a water for myself and afterwards my child would rather have the water than the soda on her refreshment package we can trade. It is not stealing. Both drinks were purchased with money from my pocket. Therefore stop pretending you understood my question, let alone the tone of it. I hope you didn't type up that response during work hours because that's stealing.

I understood QUITE WELL, thank you very much. There is no mis-understanding on my part. You are re-defining the drink package to your advantage. If you want your daughter to get a water that is NOT included with her package, PURCHASE THE PACKAGE FOR HER THAT INCLUDES IT. You have a water, she has a water, only one person paid for the water. THAT IS STEALING, no matter how you re-phrase it. Sorry, TRADING doesn't cut it!

And, just so you know, I am home, day off, doing cleaning, laundry, dishes. So I am not stealing time from my employer.

Has anyone ever thought how much we steal from the earth every day? We are quite happy to throw away food we can't eat, drink we can't drink etc when we buy these packages or on all inclusive holidays. To me that is wasteful and real stealing. But we keep on doing it. Sharing a drink rather than pouring 6 and throwing 3 away is surely better.

I would much rather see someone sneak a drink than someone try and eat or drink more than is humanly possible just because they reckon they've paid for all the extra natural energy its taken to make it. Then they leave it. To me, that's what you shouldn't teach your kids. That your supply is endless and you can have as much of anything that you want.

Edited by Adayatatime

I understood QUITE WELL, thank you very much. There is no mis-understanding on my part. You are re-defining the drink package to your advantage. If you want your daughter to get a water that is NOT included with her package, PURCHASE THE PACKAGE FOR HER THAT INCLUDES IT. You have a water, she has a water, only one person paid for the water. THAT IS STEALING, no matter how you re-phrase it. Sorry, TRADING doesn't cut it!

And, just so you know, I am home, day off, doing cleaning, laundry, dishes. So I am not stealing time from my employer.

So you say. Read slower. I paid for everything. Everything belongs to me. I can swap a water for a soda. It is OK. No one is stealing. No one loses money. It is paid for. I paid for it. It might be embarrassing for you now that you understand - maybe you understand. Either way what you think (or don't) doesn't matter. Lastly using all caps doesn't change the meaning of a word. If you're not sure on your next day off buy a dictionary and look up theft, steal, stolen ;-)

Edited by thethreechunks