Guarantee balcony question

I noticed on the Carnival Breeze that the guaranteed balcony prices are significantly lower then the regular balcony prices when you choose your own. Does anyone have any experience with booking this way and did you end up with a cove balcony, or did Carnival put you in a regular balcony cabin above deck 3?

I've done one balcony guarantee for 4 cabins, and got a great location for all four (aft, deck six, cabins above and below). Two of those cabins were eligible for another price reduction, and back those two went into the guarantee pool, so we're waiting on the final cabin for those two. I thought that it was possible that we'd remain in the same room, but rooms are now gone (not reassigned to our booking).

They can put you in absolutely any cabin, and the cove balconies are the lowest in that category so there is definitely a good chance you could get one of those. I always tell people who book guarantee to remember that all you're entitled to is a balcony, nothing more. That's why it gets offered at a discount. So just go in with an open mind and you'll be good :)

Thanks, I presumed that we will end up with a cove balcony, but also thought that those may be in demand due to the lower price and protected aspect of the inclosure, so not really sure.

My wife and I have been doing balcony or suites two a year or so for the last 7 years, but have never done a guarantee. However, with the very low prices being offered right now, I am not sure we can pass this summer up.