Elation vs Triumph

adelchamps

Hi!

I am thinking about surprising DH with cruise this fall. Since it will be surprise and short 4 or 5 day cruise I need to be a reltively close distance to port. So my choices are new orleans and mobile...Triumph or Elation.....

The problem is I cannot decide. The same ports virtually same price. Can someone please tell me major differences? Does one usually feel more crowded? Hows the pool decks? The bars/clubs? Do you prefer one over the other and why?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

April

Hi!

I am thinking about surprising DH with cruise this fall. Since it will be surprise and short 4 or 5 day cruise I need to be a reltively close distance to port. So my choices are new orleans and mobile...Triumph or Elation.....

The problem is I cannot decide. The same ports virtually same price. Can someone please tell me major differences? Does one usually feel more crowded? Hows the pool decks? The bars/clubs? Do you prefer one over the other and why?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

April

Having been on both twice, we much, much, much prefer the Triumph. Especially if you're into a balcony room.

Having been on both twice, we much, much, much prefer the Triumph. Especially if you're into a balcony room.

We have been on both as well. We prefer the Triumph as well. Not sure why, we just seemed to have a better time!!!

From what I'm hearing, I need to take a trip on the Triumph. I am sailing on the Elation next month and have been on the Sensation. I love this class of ship.

The Holiday was too small but the Liberty was too big. My next booking I make just might have to be on the Triumph.

We have just booked the Carnival Triumph because we like the balcony and the Carnival Elation does not have balconies. Mobile would be closer for us since we live in Alabama but the Triumph won out for the balcony.

I am leaning towards the triumph now. My only question would be why everyone seems to prefer triumph.....I have only cruised on miracle so that is my only comparison.

I'd rate the Triumph on par with the Miracle even though they are very different ships.

The Elation is just an older and in my opinion outdated class of ship. Loved cruising her but loved the Triumph more. The Triumph has more pleasing decor, a stadium style main pool area and a general feel of being a step or more up.

I am leaning towards the triumph now. My only question would be why everyone seems to prefer triumph.....I have only cruised on miracle so that is my only comparison.

To help you decided: click on the pic below of the Triumph in Freeport, Bahamas, It will bring you to my pictures on webshots,

There are a lot on pics of the ship inside and out.

Enjoy your cruise. JimmyJames

2935132870104734279S600x600Q85.jpg

The Triumph is a great ship, and for some reason even though the menus are the same the food in the MDR was so much better then some of the other CCL ships we have been on. The other big plus is that New Orleans is a great place for before or after your cruise.

New Orleans before she was upgraded. She is the same class as the Elation. I just got off the Triumph sailing Key West and the Bahamas. A balcony is nice for early (sunrise and coming into a port) and late (leaving a port and sunset.) We had an extended balcony in the aft of Triumph (4 people can sit confortably.) The Triumph carries 700 more people and is 40 feet longer. There were times it seemed too crowded. I had a good time and thoroughly enjoyed both cruises. Sailing out of New Orleans is convenient and I think kind of exotic. Finally, I have booked Jan 1 on the Elation for the little lady, the daughter, and myself. I couldn't pass up 5 days for 3 people for $1000.:eek: Even without a balcony! I say do both!

I kinda liked Fantasy class ships a lot, but the Triumph was ok, but we had such a cold cruise, that its hard to think of only the ship and not that we hit a really cold patch. Triumph is almost as big as Conquest btw, so if you like bigger ships you would like Triumph, but some good things also to be said for smaller ships.

My next cruises, I think are Conquest, Ecstasy, Ecstasy, Elation. I LOVE Ecstasy the best, mostly because the service is so great and I love the CD.

We will be on the Elation out of Mobile on our first cruise next month. I know they are really marketing the ship as "refurbished" and mention that it is moving from a California port to Mobile now. I found the price a little cheaper going out of Mobile vs. New Orleans. I also heard that it takes longer for the ships to get out to Gulf from New Orleans. Not that it matters, you are going to be on the boat for a while anyway!

If you are wanting to include any pre-cruise fun then New Orleans is the place. I used to live in the area and could go to N'awlins anytime so it's not so exotic for me. But I definitely go every chance I get!!

I liked the Triumph a lot. The visit to NOLA was fun as well. THat said, getting on and off the ship in NOLA took twice as long or longer than anyother port we have sailed from. The traffic getting in and out was horrible!

Sailed out of Mobile and port was a breeze, but it was the Holiday then so can't comment on the ship.

We have been on the Triumph and Fantasy(same class as Elation)

If the Elation is anything close to the Fantasy, then I am going to be

Very happy in July.

The Fantasy is 9 years older than the Elation, which is only about a year

older than the Triumph.

We much prefered the Fantasy, it was a lot easier to find your way around

and did not seem to be nearly as crowded.

I am looking forward to one day trying out the Spirit Class..sounds really nice.

Archived