Ft. Lauderdale help please

Sun 4-ever

I am trying to find a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale with free airport shuttle. We will be taking SIS to Miami the next day for a B2B cruise. Price line will not let me bid on anything higher than a 2 star for Jan. in the Airport North area. We picked that area because we stayed at the Hampton Inn there before and liked it. I called but they want $159.00 a night and I am cheap and will not spend that much money for a bed. We are now looking into the Beach area but can you tell me if they usually have a free shuttle from airport?

$!59 a night is a good price for January. Any less might be scary, unless it is through a discount site. Also try LastMinuteTravel. There aren't any beach area hotels with free shuttles, and SAS may not pick you up there. Some inexpensive hotels near the airport with free shuttles: Sleep Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Rodeway Inn, LaQuinta, Best Western Plus(S.R.84). Please confirm with the hotels that they are still providing the free shuttle and read reviews on Trip Advisor, as some of these have mixed reviews. None are in bad neighborhoods though.

Thanks Sharon, I will check into a few of those. I would NEVER stay at a LaQuinta, I worked for them and trust me they are not a good hotel.

La Quinta is an outstanding chain here in Broward County, Florida. You would really be doing yourself a disservice by not considering them.

I'm the president of my condominium association and we had to gut the bathroom of one unit, pull the bathtub and jackhammer the floor up to get to a broken sewer main. I put the residents up in one of the La Quintas in Plantation for 4 nights, but they were so enjoying it they paid for an extra night. Even if the airport La Quinta is half as nice as these two in Plantation it would still be a nice property, but I was told by one of the managers in Plantation the one in Hollywood is the nicest in the area. I know the location is good on the south side of Oakwood Plaza Mall.

I am trying to find a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale with free airport shuttle. We will be taking SIS to Miami the next day for a B2B cruise. Price line will not let me bid on anything higher than a 2 star for Jan. in the Airport North area. We picked that area because we stayed at the Hampton Inn there before and liked it. I called but they want $159.00 a night and I am cheap and will not spend that much money for a bed. We are now looking into the Beach area but can you tell me if they usually have a free shuttle from airport?

That price in January is outstanding. You aren't going to find a better price and I wouldn't stay anywhere that was cheaper. South Florida hotels are experiencing record breaking occupancy and are predicted to be even busier this winter. You get any cheaper and you'll be staying in a hotel where you need to sleep with a gun under your pillow. January is PEAK season for us.

I agree that you are short changing LaQuinta. Besides, they aren't corporate owned.

I've stayed at the La Quinta North Hollywood several times when we fly in the night before a cruise and they have a shuttle from the airport as well as a shuttle to the port. We've walked to Kmart for wine before the shuttle. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance but we typically order Italian to be delivered to our room from a restaurant the desk recommended. There is a just o.k. breakfast. The rooms overlooking the pool are quite nice. The other side - not so much unless they've been renovated.

La Quinta East is very popular here with cruisers.

I wouldn't compare anything you paid last year to this year's rates. Everything has been rising the last couple years and hotels are going great right now. Not as many open rooms to discount.

We are planning on driving into FLL the day before we head to Port of Miami.

Possibly looking at the La Qunitas in following areas. Are any to be avoided?

North State Rd 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL

West Cypress Creek Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL

University Dr, Coral Springs, FL

West Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL

West Hillsboro Blvd, Deerfield Beach, FL

We are planning on driving into FLL the day before we head to Port of Miami.

Possibly looking at the La Qunitas in following areas. Are any to be avoided?

North State Rd 7, Fort Lauderdale, FL

West Cypress Creek Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL

University Dr, Coral Springs, FL

West Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL

West Hillsboro Blvd, Deerfield Beach, FL

You should start your own thread asking this question rather than hijacking this one. While none of those should be avoided, I think there are better options not listed.

Archived