Celebrity Summit Sky Suite

jakeman

Has anyone stayed in sky suite 6102 on the Summit - is the balcony semi private? What is the difference between S2 and S1? Thanks for any information on this sky suite.

Hi, I cannot answer your question, but I will also be in my first M-class sky suite and would love to know the answer to the difference between s1 and s 2. Hopefully, someone will chime in who has stayed in both.

We just stayed in a sky suite on the Reflection in an S1 and our friends stayed in an S2 . Our room was slightly bigger and had the potholes window that you see in some pics.I do not know if the two ships are identical.We loved it.But because of the cost difference I would just go with the S2 the next time.

Sorry just reread your post and realized our boat was a different class. So I am sure the sky suites are somewhat different.

Hi, Thanks for answering. I suspect it may be the same situation on M class, but I would love to hear from someone who has seen both as you have on the S class. Again, thanks.

Hi, Thanks for answering. I suspect it may be the same situation on M class, but I would love to hear from someone who has seen both as you have on the S class. Again, thanks.

thanks for answering - we are booked in 6102 on Summit and the stateroom description states small balcony and semi private - wondering how small and what does semi private mean. Still wondering about S1 and s2 on the M class ships.

thanks for answering - we are booked in 6102 on Summit and the stateroom description states small balcony and semi private - wondering how small and what does semi private mean. Still wondering about S1 and s2 on the M class ships.

I can't answer about the balcony size, but the comment about semi-private is because the folks in the Celebrity Suite (6104) will be able to see most of your balcony without even trying due to the position of their balcony. In most cabins that are simply next door to each other, someone would have to make an effort to look around the divider.

This picture is the celebrity suites before the balconies were added, but you can see how someone simply standing on their balcony would overlook yours. The arrows are pointing to 7138 but you can see all the decks.semipriv-vi.jpg

I can't answer about the balcony size, but the comment about semi-private is because the folks in the Celebrity Suite (6104) will be able to see most of your balcony without even trying due to the position of their balcony. In most cabins that are simply next door to each other, someone would have to make an effort to look around the divider.

This picture is the celebrity suites before the balconies were added, but you can see how someone simply standing on their balcony would overlook yours. The arrows are pointing to 7138 but you can see all the decks.http://images14.

Thanks so much for your help - now I can actually see what all the reviews mean when they say semi private balcony! We are booked in this room due to an error and I guess we will make the best of it. Thanks again. Rita

What category did you actually book?

6102 is not a suite that someone would deliberately select when booking a sky suite.

It is typically assigned either as a guarantee, or as an upgrade for someone who paid a lower price and booked a lower category, or even to someone who booked it at a heavily discounted closeout rate.

If you booked a sky suite and paid a regular sky suite price, I would suggest that you try to get it changed.

If you booked a suite guarantee and paid a guarantee price, then it is a reasonable assignment, but you may still be able to get it changed if any other suites in the same category are still available.

However if you paid for an ordinary ocean view or balcony cabin, then it is a very nice upgrade, even with the partially obstructed view.

Edited by fleckle

We actually booked room 6115 while onboard last year. We had the reservation transferred to our travel agent. Last week I noticed a credit I the amount of 200.00 from royal Caribbean. I contact my travel agent immediately and they advised that there was a Glitch between Celebrity and their office which cancelled my original reservation and room 6115 the only available room is 6102 which I am not happy with - but at this point there are no other sky suites available - Celebrity is now saying room 6102 is an upgrade from 6115 - how they can say that is beyond me. Anyway, myself and my husband are going to make the best of a bad situation. Believe me, this is not a room of my choice and I advised my ta of this.