One Cruise Credit or Two?

Aloha 1

We are booked on Marina for next June, London to Stockholm. O is marketing this cruise as two separate segments ( London to Copenhagen and Copenhagen to Stockholm) plus as one cruise combining both segments. There is no price difference or benefit difference if you book the combined cruise or book the two separate segments individually. Will we receive two cruise credits for this trip if we are booked on the combined booking?

as I understand it

if you have 2 booking numbers you get 2 credits

A GV of up to 24 days is 1 credit

Usually there is a discount if booking a B2B

If the cruise quote included air than you should be getting a credit for the unused legs since you are on a B2B. If you book two cruises, then try and get a cabin where you do not have move for the second leg.

One way of making sure that you get credit for 2 cruises is to book one under your name and the second under your SO's name.

That way you will have 2 booking #s and credit for 2 cruises (unless you get significant discount for B2B cruises).

Obviously, you want to stay in the same cabin.

If the cruise quote included air than you should be getting a credit for the unused legs since you are on a B2B. If you book two cruises, then try and get a cabin where you do not have move for the second leg.

I always get an air credit for one cruise & a discount for B2B cruises

Plus the same cabin to boot ..no packing up

We have the same issue with the same cruise later in the year (London-Stockholm, Aug 15 sailing). We will get only one credit. There was a lot of uncertainty as to whether we could book it as 2 cruises at all (not possible while onboard another cruise), as Oceania said that if it was being sold as a 'Grand Voyage', then notwithstanding the fact that it was also being sold as 2 separate cruise, we were not allowed to book it as 2. After much discussion between our TA and O, it was decided that they would allow us to book it as 2 cruises, but it worked out to be about £1,200 (sterling) p/p cheaper to book as the Grand Voyage, so that is what we did but we get only 1 CC.

We have the same issue with the same cruise later in the year (London-Stockholm, Aug 15 sailing). We will get only one credit. There was a lot of uncertainty as to whether we could book it as 2 cruises at all (not possible while onboard another cruise), as Oceania said that if it was being sold as a 'Grand Voyage', then notwithstanding the fact that it was also being sold as 2 separate cruise, we were not allowed to book it as 2. After much discussion between our TA and O, it was decided that they would allow us to book it as 2 cruises, but it worked out to be about £1,200 (sterling) p/p cheaper to book as the Grand Voyage, so that is what we did but we get only 1 CC.

In the past, Oceania did not delineate combined voyages as "Grand Voyages". You booked a single cruise, or back-to-back, or b-2-b-2-b and so forth. There was approximately a 5% discount for adding voyages and the air credit was extended for all but the ends of the combined voyages.

Somewhere along the line, Oceania came up with the term "Grand Voyage". While each segment of a Grand Voyage may be booked separately as a single voyage, combinations are considered one voyage. There all all sorts of combinations. loss of the air credits and 5% discounts is compensated by a lower Grand Voyage price; I suspect the amounts are roughly even. It may possibly result in a loss of loyalty credit, but even there the combined voyages are often long enough to gain the extra credits.

Along with the new terms, it is no longer possible to book a "Grand Voyage" as back-to-backs, and often not advantageous to do so.

Recently they have decided to change some cruises to GV after the fact

The brochures printed a year + ago these cruises are not listed as GV

They used to offer 2or 3 GV per season that has now jumped to 31 in the next 6 mths alone

People are looking for longer cruises

I guess Oceania is seeing many people booking B2B2B on some itineraries & decided it would be a good idea to make then a GV thus angering those that booked as separate cruises when they are trying to collect cruise credits

I guess too many "free" cruises have been given out with more coming up ;)

'Benjamins' ?!!

Slang for our $100 bill, Benjamin Franklin, one of the USA's smartest founders, is on the bill. It is one of two paper denominations that doesn't have a former president on it.

Don't feel bad, we don't know who or what is on your money either.

Edited by ORV

Thanks for the explanation. Given that I live 4 months of the year in your country, I guess I should have known that. Never heard it before though.

To the OP - good luck with the B2B. For us, it would have cost many Benjamins to book as a B2B rather than a GV!

Still trying to get it sorted but it looks like for a couple Benjamins we'll be able to rebook as a B2B.

It should not cost too much more

You will get a credit for one airfare plus usually a 5% discount on the cruises

That was what it is looking like.

Well, long story short, once O got back to us the cabin class we were in was on wait list and the price to break the cruise into 2 trips went up over $1500. Deal breaker, so we are staying with just the one booking. Real bummer but lesson learned. Next time, I'll book such trips as separate bookings. If they want to entice me into making it just one booking, then entice me with, say, a nice cabin upgrade. Regardless, we are really looking forward to this trip as we have never been to this part of the world before. And we already know we will LOVE the dining!