Liberty in La Spezia

So I first posted this on the Italy page, but I didn't get a clear response so I was wondering if any of you knew about this. So when we first booked this cruise, we were planning on stopping in Livorno, but a few weeks ago, this got changed to La Spezia. When it was originally changed it said that it was a tender port. Now, I just checked and it now says we are docked. Does anyone know about this, or if it is true?

Have you found something to go with the photo that actually says she is docked?

It is certainly possible that they have managed to build a dock in the 18 months since i was last there, but just from that photo it is not really possible to tell that it is docked. Deep in that bay, in more or less that area, is where we always anchored to tender. It is a very short little tender ride.

OP--I have tried and tried to find anything "official" talking about a cruise dock being built and have had no luck. I don't know if that means there is not one, or just that it is not being talked about at all, but I am not sure you will get a frim answer until someone sails there and posts back.

We are the same in October. Changed from Livorno to La Spezia. We have to tender as well. Have to wait on a report from someone that was on the cruise. I will be interested to know as well as you. It does look as if its docked on Marine traffic. Can you post the link to the cam you got the pic from.

That's good news. Save a bit of time getting off

It depends on where exactly the dock is. if it is off the the edge of the harbor (which it might be from the photo, if that ship is docked) it could be quite a bit further from the pretty part of town and the train station than where the tender boats let you off. Personally, I would rather tender and arrive right in the heart of town, than dock of to the side and have a long walk or need a taxi to get in.

It is just hard to say though. I'll be very interested in reports from the next couple groups of passengers.

My wife and I were on the Liberty last week for a short 5-day mediterranean cruise with La Spezia being one of the ports. The itinerary said it was a tender port, once we were there the Liberty was however docked. A shuttle bus was driving the guests to the boulevard close to the centre, only a 5 minute busride.

My wife and I were on the Liberty last week for a short 5-day mediterranean cruise with La Spezia being one of the ports. The itinerary said it was a tender port, once we were there the Liberty was however docked. A shuttle bus was driving the guests to the boulevard close to the centre, only a 5 minute busride.

That's great news. Thanks for the update

Wow thanks for all the responses guys. So it does look like it's docking. Well I guess thats good news... save some time from the tender.

As usual with rccl it keeps getting better,first we get LA SPEZIA and now we have a dock.We will be on this cruise in June HOORAY

We were there a few days ago. Our cruise documents indicated we were tendering. We walked off the ship onto a dock then took a shuttle bus to the entrance of the city.

~ Sheryl

Thanks Sheryl, was it a free bus and where did it drop you off ??

I was on the same cruise as FreezinginMichigan. The shuttles were free and no reservations were needed.

If you hire a private guide, you'll have to take the shuttle into the town to meet them - they won't be right at the ship as in other ports.

I was on the same cruise as FreezinginMichigan. The shuttles were free and no reservations were needed.

If you hire a private guide, you'll have to take the shuttle into the town to meet them - they won't be right at the ship as in other ports.

Thanks for info. Hope it wasn't freezinginlaspezia

There was a fab tourist info stand just as you got off the port bus. Train station is about 15 mins walk or there was a regular city bus service which stopped right there and called at the station.

We found the train to be VERY crowded all day in the Cinque Terre area but by far the best day of our cruise. Would def recommend the Cinque Terre as a day out from La Spezia.

There was a fab tourist info stand just as you got off the port bus. Train station is about 15 mins walk or there was a regular city bus service which stopped right there and called at the station.

We found the train to be VERY crowded all day in the Cinque Terre area but by far the best day of our cruise. Would def recommend the Cinque Terre as a day out from La Spezia.

Hi

I was looking into Cinque Terre only this weekend for when we're in La Spezia in July. Would be really interested in hearing your experiences - would you mind telling me/us more, please? :)

Carol

Hi

I was looking into Cinque Terre only this weekend for when we're in La Spezia in July. Would be really interested in hearing your experiences - would you mind telling me/us more, please? :)

Carol

We had a busy day out - left the ship about 8.45, took the port bus then walked 15 mins to station. Think we got a train about 9.50 to Monterosso, the furthest town in the Cinque Terre (check tren Italia website for definite times). Before we left the station we purchased the 10€ Cinque Terre passes which gave us the right to hike the paths. These were inspected on footpath 2. The train should have taken about 25 mins but took nearly an hour as there we so many people getting on/off at each stop. At this time lots of the hiking trails are still closed so we chose to walk from Monterosso to Vernazza and back rather than trying to scratch the surface of all five towns. The coastal path was hard going and at times a little scary but amazing hiking. We are both fit and walked the first stretch at pace so it took just under 1.5 hours from Monterosso to Vernazza. After a very nice lunch in a trattoria in Vernazza the return took slightly longer.

[ATTACH]270458[/ATTACH] Vernazza

[ATTACH]270460[/ATTACH] Monterosso

[ATTACH]270461[/ATTACH]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367960181.707243.jpg.331f3757a188cec615d16c4096ef4cfa.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367960237.011232.jpg.a8e5d110d8714192d17639a40e726e04.jpg

Archived